Just took aamc 5, should I skip to aamc 10?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdido09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a 30 on AAMC5 (11/10/9) and am disappointed to say the least. Bio was extremely difficult for me, and I felt like I was being asked a lot based on outside knowledge. Should I take AAMC 10 to see how I measure up to the newer style of Bio?

I'm trying to find out the best way to test where I stand in Bio and if I need to go back to review (I'm writing on the 2nd of sept.)

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should take as many FLs as you can. Hit the books on Bio and take another one, see how you stack up.

Aamc 5 had just a slightly more difficult bs section. I would suggest repeating bio content review (absorb more info - and reading through bio notes seriously doesn't take that long). Since your test is in a month or so, there's no hurry to skip to aamc 10. Keep up the review and do aamcs at a steady pace. I'm sure you'll get there. I'm going at it too. Good luck.

I just did AAMC 5, and it was 3 points lower than my last 3 FL's. Yeah this was definitely pretty hard - the Picasso passage, lol, and the BS were pretty tough. The PS was okay, I did about the same as usual on that one.

I got a 30 on AAMC5 (11/10/9) and am disappointed to say the least. Bio was extremely difficult for me, and I felt like I was being asked a lot based on outside knowledge. Should I take AAMC 10 to see how I measure up to the newer style of Bio?

I'm trying to find out the best way to test where I stand in Bio and if I need to go back to review (I'm writing on the 2nd of sept.)

Members don't see this ad :)
I just did AAMC 5, and it was 3 points lower than my last 3 FL's. Yeah this was definitely pretty hard - the Picasso passage, lol, and the BS were pretty tough. The PS was okay, I did about the same as usual on that one.

lol i got 1/7 right on the picasso passage...I don't know what happened to me on that one.

@OP, dont skip any practice tests. They get you accustomed to the AAMC style and they're pretty good for showing you your weak areas. If you have issues in science, just do a bit of reviewing on your weak points and start taking tests again. Best of luck!

You have plenty of time left, just keep going with the FLs but make sure you get 10 and especially 11 in somewhere. My friend who just took 8/6 test told me 11 was very similar.

i think i did worse on aamc10 bio than aamc5, but it all depends on the individual. one person may know more bio info tested on aamc5 while another may know more bio info tested on aamc10