just took DAT...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DATslim

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just took the DAT on the 22nd and i did not do as well as i would have liked. but yes, the actually DAT was much easier that kaplan. honestly i couldnt tell u what happend with my testing experience. i felt overwhelmed (i.e. nervous, stressed, and anything else that can mess u up) at the beginning of the exam then about half way through natural sciences i felt better and more relaxed. but for below average performance, that i cant explain. i myself am quite disappointed in my results, but i will be takin the DATs again in july. confidence boost needed here, help......

Members don't see this ad.

well how did you do? How much time did you use to prepare...and what was your score? Just curious.

DATslim said:
i just took the DAT on the 22nd and i did not do as well as i would have liked. but yes, the actually DAT was much easier that kaplan. honestly i couldnt tell u what happend with my testing experience. i felt overwhelmed (i.e. nervous, stressed, and anything else that can mess u up) at the beginning of the exam then about half way through natural sciences i felt better and more relaxed. but for below average performance, that i cant explain. i myself am quite disappointed in my results, but i will be takin the DATs again in july. confidence boost needed here, help......

Which sections in particular were easier than Kaplan's?

Members don't see this ad :)
DATslim, don't get discouraged by some idiot-overachievers on SDN advising to have 3.5 GPA and 25 points on every DAT section in order to get in. If you don't mind sharing your stats including your sci gpa and extra activities including the schools of our choice, then we can give you a brief evaluation on where you stand and your options. You can IM me if you want more privacy.

Cheers!

whatsup everybody:

i started studying in january when my kaplan class started (which i felt was a major help in understand the material), and i averaged about 15 and 16s on kaplan and thats bascially how i did on the actual DAT. the PA section was tough...no joke, the easiest was reading. considering that i am not exactly a math oriented person, most of my trouble is in chem and QR.

honestly, i cant explain to you or anyone else y my performance was below par. i dont like excuses but i was really nervous and stressed when taking the DAT, i want to blame it on that but then again it should be no excuse. either u know or dont know the material. the actual DAT was easier than kaplans. i wish everyone the best of luck and look forward to kicking the crap out of the test in july... :smuggrin:

DATslim you'll do better next time, then you can change your name to DATfat, haha. I'm taking the test sometime in the first part of June. I'll spend ALL next month doing nothing but studyin for it. I'm talkin like 6-8 hrs a day all month. I HAVE to do well on it, no other option for me. Just spend a lot of time, get immersed in the material. Go through the Kaplan book twice, and all the flash cards, then maybe get Topscore Pro and do those three practice tests. They should give you a good idea of where you stand. :luck:

You should try Acethedat and DAT Achiever to improve your PAT skills. They are both very close to the real DAT in terms of its difficulties and complexities. I find that the 3D animated solutions in DAT Achiever are especially useful, and you may download a DEMO from their website.

Don't count on Kaplan's Review Notes. To appreciably score well in your Sciences, you should wisely refer to your textbooks/lecture notes per syllabus outlined by the ADA. There's simply no shortcut to this.

DATslim said:

just because you did bad ONCE doesn't mean you'll do bad again. since you now know what it feels like, when you go in in july, just relax and know that you already know how the test works so you'll do great!! :D

though how did you do? if you got an 18+ AA, you really should be fine!

actually beannaithe my score isnt even worth talkin about...just utterly disappointing...thanks everyone for the boost, really appreciate it. i will def look into getting Topscore stuff and the other test help materials listed, once again, thanks alot, and good luck to everyone out there!