Just took my DAT...need some advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gumdroprain

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I took my DAT today and got a 24AA/24TS/22PAT. Though I’m super happy with these scores, I’m worried about my gpa holding me back when I apply next year. I will probably have between a 3.3-3.4 ogpa and around a 3.2ish sgpa when I apply 🙁

Any feedback on whether it’s worth applying with these stats? I have had a strong upward trend in my gpa.

Thank you
 
Congratulations! With those amazing scores I do not see a problem with you obtaining interviews and get accepted to dental school. Just make sure you research the schools carefully and apply to schools where you GPA will not be a problem. IMO, after many years of working with students those stellar DAT scores will offset your GPA.

Wishing you the very best...DAT Beast Destroyed!

Nancy, co/owner, Orgoman
 
Congratulations! With those amazing scores I do not see a problem with you obtaining interviews and get accepted to dental school. Just make sure you research the schools carefully and apply to schools where you GPA will not be a problem. IMO, after many years of working with students those stellar DAT scores will offset your GPA.

Wishing you the very best...DAT Beast Destroyed!

Nancy, co/owner, Orgoman
Thank you for the kind words and advice!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad