Just took my first practice RC exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carlfusco

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished up reading comprehension test 1 for datqvault... I've read on here that they're far easier than the real thing, which worries me - I got a 21. The third article was not scientific at all - will this be the case on the real deal? This is the section on the exam that I'm the most concerned about, by far, I'm actually pretty excited for all the other sections. Anyone have words of encouragement/suggestions/strategies?

Members don't see this ad.

It isn't even in the same realm for difficulty....However I got higher on my real DAT....Was my highest score..........Your guess is as good as mine.

Not too much you can do for this section, in my opinion. Just do a couple practices. Find what works for you.

There are a lot of strategies floating around on SDN, find one that works (you must practice the method first) and stick to it. DAT Qvault is misleading on a few fronts: Too much S&D, the questions go in order, and non-scientific articles. Take DAT Qvault with a grain of salt but don't be dismayed, keep at it. Good luck!

I just finished up reading comprehension test 1 for datqvault... I've read on here that they're far easier than the real thing, which worries me - I got a 21. The third article was not scientific at all - will this be the case on the real deal? This is the section on the exam that I'm the most concerned about, by far, I'm actually pretty excited for all the other sections. Anyone have words of encouragement/suggestions/strategies?

lol excited for the other sections?!?!
its possible to get non scientific related articles on your dat. i had no science based articles. 2 were on ethics.
theres no way imo that u can really prep for RC. either u know how to read or you dont......if u dont then.....go search and destroy i guess.

Members don't see this ad :)
lol excited for the other sections?!?!

Haha yep, I'm good to go for the other sections I think. I'll be OK on the RC section if I budget my time right. Calmly reading the passage and writing one or two words down per paragraph I think should work OK. Thanks for the comment.

Datqvault passages were longer than the real DAT. Also I thought it was a little easier than the real DAT. I averaged like a 23 on qvault but got a 21 on the real thing. Just practice with more than qvault if you are worried.

I would definitely continue to do the DATqvault RC tests just to build up speed. However do other practice resources like topscore and maybe Crack DAT reading. Though they are all a little different, what matters most is that you keep practicing.

Datqvault passages were longer than the real DAT. Also I thought it was a little easier than the real DAT. I averaged like a 23 on qvault but got a 21 on the real thing. Just practice with more than qvault if you are worried.

I would definitely continue to do the DATqvault RC tests just to build up speed. However do other practice resources like topscore and maybe Crack DAT reading. Though they are all a little different, what matters most is that you keep practicing.

Thanks for the advice, guys. I just finished up the second one and got a 24 (46/50). I'll get achiever and practice with those as well... :xf::xf::xf: