Just took NBME 1....any advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chintu

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took NBME 1 and scored a 204 on it...Don't know what to think of that but I was certainly hoping for better. This is after I've looked at most subjects once, however I realized while taking the test that I had forgotton somethings. Now I have 4 weeks left before the real deal and am hoping for somewhere around 230 what should I be doing. Is BRS path, phys and FA enough and do lots of practice qbank and qbook? Also, I didn't know that the NBME exams were shorter than the real exam. Is there an actual full length exam outthere to really test your stamina? Thanks everyone.....

Members don't see this ad.

Qbank could be a good source to use to boost your stamina if you have enough unused questions available.

Good luck. You have a lot of time left to study and from what I have heard you should be able to pull up that score significantly over the next few weeks

Look in the 'Step 2006 scores' thread. There was someone who started with a 207 or something like that and pulled it up to a 250+ (can't remember exact numbers) in five weeks. So, it can be done.

If you were to only use FA, you couldve scored 20 points higher at least.
So, I guess I would memorize every ittybitty detail in there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, Cool Avitar...

I thought the Confederacy of Dunces was a great book... :D

kaboodle said:
Hey, Cool Avitar...

I thought the Confederacy of Dunces was a great book... :D

thanks. it's actually one of the few books that I've read more than once and probably the only one I've read more than two times (if you don't count BRS Path ;) ).
highly recommended

to the OP:
I remember seeing a thread about the difficulty levels of the 4 NBME tests and how they correlate with actual scores on the real deal. I don't remember exactly what the differences are, but I feel like some were saying form 2 was pretty straightforward while form 4 was hard as crap with a ton of random molecular/biochem stuff going on.