USMLE Just took Step 1, feel like I failed.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

razza1

Reaction score
Just took Step 1 a few days ago and i feel like I failed.

UWSA 1 (2 weeks out) 228
UWSA 2 (1 week out) 224

Literally have no clue how I did.
Came out of the exam counting the questions I got wrong.

I made some silly mistakes and I think those mistakes are going to tank my score.

Anyone in the same boat?
Every day that passes by, I keep replaying the questions I got wrong in my head and its driving me crazy.

Need some support.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just took Step 1 a few days ago and i feel like I failed.

UWSA 1 (2 weeks out) 228
UWSA 2 (1 week out) 224

Literally have no clue how I did.
Came out of the exam counting the questions I got wrong.

I made some silly mistakes and I think those mistakes are going to tank my score.

Anyone in the same boat?
Every day that passes by, I keep replaying the questions I got wrong in my head and its driving me crazy.

Need some support.

Not trying to make you feel like **** but had the same story as you man.

Had 230+ on UWSA 1 and 225+ on UWSA 2 and ended up dropping ~20 points on the real thing.

I know this isn't comforting at all but I can tell you I felt just as bad and STILL ended up passing and for that I am thankful.

I would try to keep ur day busy and hopefully you are on some rotation to make the day go by faster.

You will be fine though.

Reactions: 1 users
I felt the same way and ended up dropping 13 points from UW2(but only around -7 from the average of all my practice scores) . I think it is very unlikely that you failed(do you have any NBME, CBSE scores?). Most people do around + or - 10 from the average of their NBMEs UWSA and CBSE. And how you feel doesnt really matter. I did worse than my practice exams but my friend who scored worse on his practice exams than I did and felt awful after the test(said he had to straight up guess at the end of some sections because he ran out of time) ended up doing like 10-20 points better than his practice exams.

So I think the only thing I am confident in saying is that you probably didnt fail(even if you ****ed up some easy questions you have to **** the bed hard to fail). Other than that maybe you did better or worse than your practice scores, no way to tell really until you get your score.

congrats on being done!

It is so tough to come out of these tests knowing how you did!
It's easy to focus on the questions which you missed but I am sure there a good amount of questions that you got correct that sometimes are left unnoticed. Judging by your practice scores, you have a good margin between pass vs. fail - my hunch is that your score will reflect somewhere between there +/- seven points (based on kids whom I have tutored for the exam).

Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone counts their wrong answers

Everyone obsesses about it for the three weeks

NBME scores (at least those VERY close to the exam date) are usually accurate

Just remember, it’s not about how well you did - it’s about how you did compared to everyone else

Reactions: 1 user
Everyone counts their wrong answers

Everyone obsesses about it for the three weeks

NBME scores (at least those VERY close to the exam date) are usually accurate

Just remember, it’s not about how well you did - it’s about how you did compared to everyone else

+1 to this. Literally my life for the month waiting for my score to come back. Ended up hitting my UWSA2 on the dot. You really can’t tell either way coming out. Just keep yourself as busy as you can.

congrats on being done!

It is so tough to come out of these tests knowing how you did!
It's easy to focus on the questions which you missed but I am sure there a good amount of questions that you got correct that sometimes are left unnoticed. Judging by your practice scores, you have a good margin between pass vs. fail - my hunch is that your score will reflect somewhere between there +/- seven points (based on kids whom I have tutored for the exam).
Thanks

Feels amazing to be done was a tough exam considering 8 hours ,7 block
Will post score when I get it 9 days