COMLEX Just took the COMLEX Level III

Discussion in 'USMLE and COMLEX' started by docconn, Aug 11, 2015.

1. docconn

2+ Year Member

Hello,

I just got my butt whooped by the COMLEX Level 3 yesterday. I got tell you that this was one the hardest test I have ever taken in my life, if not the hardest. I am still shell-shocked with how complex and difficult the questions were, especially the osteopathic questions.

I have the distinct feeling that I failed and am extremely worried. Does anyone know out the 400 questions how many questions one can fail and still pass this stupid exam (sorry but I am really upset!).

Did anyone else had a similar experience?

Thanks

2. Trogghunter

Physician 7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I feel your pain. I also took that test... it was awful. I feel defeated and completely violated from a test taking point of view. I basically studied exactly how I did for 1 and 2, and I've never felt worse about an exam. I am in pgy2 for internal med and thought that I'd be prepared, bc you know.... 75% of FA is medicine... but no, that test was all OBGYN peds and GU, and it wasn't even the obgyn peds gu that is in the question banks or in FA. I actually read the FA for obgyn before step 2, and the questions on this step 3 were not covered in that. Some of those basic pcp/family questions were so out of left field! I took the entire time and I almost ran out of time on 2 questions. My only comfort is that the passing score is 350 and I felt awful after steps 1 and 2 but did well, but I didn't feel this awful... this is a new level of awful... like sold myself on the street and my mom saw me doing it, awful.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Trogghunter

Physician 7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Oh, and I read savarese and FA for comlex... a lot of the OMM wasn't in there... like 2/3 bc I went back to see what I could remember. Also, the answers to a lot of the guideline related questions are ambiguous even on the CDC and USPTF websites. Totally unfair test... idk how to prepare for it other than to be med/peds with a subspecialization in female-gu.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. pathologyDO

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    This is how COMLEX step 1 was this year, absolutely ridonkulous OPP questions and basically 50% OBGYN and micro. Seems like they're trying new things out... But I will say I felt like I had no idea how to answer the OPP and failed that part... Just got my score back Monday and I did pretty good on the OPP - they must have thrown a ton of those questions out