Just took the test, not sure about my scores..

neko82

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just took it today, not sure how I feel about my scores..

QR 280
RC 290
Bio 340
GChem 400
OChem 370
Physics 320

TS 360
AA 330

I don't like my QR and RC. I know I suck at reading, but a little surprised with the math. I've been taking the practice tests all past weeks and had no problem with math.. :(

Do I need to retake the exam? Or should I email the schools and see what they think? I have a fairly good GPA (3.7). Any advices would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

find out the opinion of the counselors first before u consider retaking it. your science scores are very good, and that is what they mainly look at i had a similar problem with rc when i took mine, i think you will be fine.:D

Depending on your extra curriculars....

I don't think you should have to retake the exam. Your science scores are really good. I scored much worse than you did and also have a 3.7 GPA and got into to every school I interviewed at.

please what material did you use to study for the OAT and which practice exams did you take. i want to know the best materials to use.
Just took it today, not sure how I feel about my scores..

QR 280
RC 290
Bio 340
GChem 400
OChem 370
Physics 320

TS 360
AA 330

I don't like my QR and RC. I know I suck at reading, but a little surprised with the math. I've been taking the practice tests all past weeks and had no problem with math.. :(

Do I need to retake the exam? Or should I email the schools and see what they think? I have a fairly good GPA (3.7). Any advices would be great!

Members don't see this ad :)
Like everyone else said, your science scores are very good. I scored similarly on the QR and RC, with a TS of 310 and AA of 310, GPA 3.15 and got into all schools I applied to so you should be good!

Thanks for the input! I have been volunteering for awhile but not much shadowing experiences (which I'll be working on now that the test is out of the way). I guess I'll just apply and see. I always tend to think the worst of everything.. :oops:

To Odell:
I started off with reviewing all the concepts first with the big Kaplan book from PCAT/MCAT. Then I did the Destroyer for sciences, physics, and math and they were helpful! Then I started doing the practice tests with the OAT Kaplan book, Achiever (much harder there than the real thing but still good for preparing), Topscore (pretty good but they don't include explanations, although that made me work harder to try to understand it), and then the Crack the OAT for Reading (not sure about this product b/c it is set up as 50 questions instead of 40, so it's not as comparable as the real thing). Hope that helps! :)

Owlspooks, what schools did you apply to? Did you have lots of shadowing and experience?