Just want opinions on subpar verbal scores

Started by Mdtichen
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mdtichen

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I just received my scores today for the 7/27 test and I got a 33O (11P 8V 14B). Last year, I got a 29P (11P 6V 12B). Obviously, I'm not hot at verbal.

How do you feel that adcoms will view this lack of improvement and subpar performance in verbal? Has anyone gotten into MD schools with verbal scores like this? Do my higher sciences make up for it?

Just looking for some inquiry on this. I appreciate any input that you guys have.
 
So I just received my scores today for the 7/27 test and I got a 33O (11P 8V 14B). Last year, I got a 29P (11P 6V 12B). Obviously, I'm not hot at verbal.

How do you feel that adcoms will view this lack of improvement and subpar performance in verbal? Has anyone gotten into MD schools with verbal scores like this? Do my higher sciences make up for it?

Just looking for some inquiry on this. I appreciate any input that you guys have.
No need to retake...Your VR score is not hot but it is ok..You wont be screened out because of it. Your overall score is good.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You raised your score by four points. Very nice score man. No need to retake unless you're looking at top ranked schools or MD/PhD (still may not have to retake).
 
You raised your score by four points. Very nice score man. No need to retake unless you're looking at top ranked schools or MD/PhD (still may not have to retake).

I'm honestly not looking at any top medical schools, except a few, all I want to do it get in somewhere.

I guess I was worried that I didn't do as well on verbal again and how adcoms would look at it. I think my verbal score kept me from receiving any interviews last year and I just don't want to go through that again. But hopefully my higher science scores will make up for it.
 
Last edited:
Your BS score compensates for it; wouldn't you agree? Your verbal is only 1-2 pts below what most med schools want, but your PS is pretty good and your BS is extremely good. Depending on your gpa, it may be harder for you to get into top tiers, but everything else is within your reach.
 
Haha alright thanks everyone for the advice. I just got an II today 3 days after receiving my results so I suppose I'm in good standings. Good luck to all of you!
 
I'm honestly not looking at any top medical schools, except a few, all I want to do it get in somewhere.

I guess I was worried that I didn't do as well on verbal again and how adcoms would look at it. I think my verbal score kept me from receiving any interviews last year and I just don't want to go through that again. But hopefully my higher science scores will make up for it.

A 6 is a very different score than an 8.

Good luck this cycle. 👍