just want to clarify some things...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

disruptor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was wondering if:

1) inorganic chemistry is just general chemistry (1st year chemistry) in some university listings in their pre-reqs? cuz there is specifically an inorganic course, like organic at my university. On Stony Brook's website it says inorganic is general.

2) I got 3 letters of reference from my 3 science profs, can I just send those to AADSAS and they can send those to the multiple schools I'll be applying to? I'm confused because some schools say they want the original copy, but it doesn't make sense, its not like professors have the time to write multiple recommendations that are the same?

Thanks alot.

Members don't see this ad.

disruptor said:
Hey guys,

I was wondering if:

1) inorganic chemistry is just general chemistry (1st year chemistry) in some university listings in their pre-reqs? cuz there is specifically an inorganic course, like organic at my university. On Stony Brook's website it says inorganic is general.

2) I got 3 letters of reference from my 3 science profs, can I just send those to AADSAS and they can send those to the multiple schools I'll be applying to? I'm confused because some schools say they want the original copy, but it doesn't make sense, its not like professors have the time to write multiple recommendations that are the same?

Thanks alot.

yes inorganic is general chemisty and the LOR's need to be send to AADSAS by your professors, aadsas will copy them and send them to all the schools you will be appying to.

Nendo21 said:
LOR's need to be send to AADSAS by your professors, aadsas will copy them and send them to all the schools you will be appying to.

While AADSAS will send out your LORs, one caveat here - they are notorious for costly (in terms of time, money, and possibly interview invites) mix-ups. To save yourself the pain of having to deal with a mess, I'd suggest giving the profs envelopes adressed to each of the schools to which you want to apply (stamped would be nice as well :) ) and asking them to send out multiple copies. Honestly, the hard part for the profs is writing the thing - printing six copies as opposed to one isn't going to make that much of a difference.

Members don't see this ad :)
Inorganic chemistry and general chemistry are two different and unique courses (although there is some overlap).

For the purposes of prereqs, however, they may be considered one and the same.

As for LORs check to see if your school has a pre-professional evaluation commitee(or whatever name your school uses "Health profession eval comm.")

The way it usually works is that your professors send their letters to the committee and the write a cover letter of sorts then send it out as a packet with copies of the letters. This is what Dental schools prefer.