Just want to see where i'm at

Started by lak3220
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lak3220

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all, new to the forums. Just wanted to see what you think about where i'm at so far and if you have any suggestions. I'm a current sophomore, going to be a junior in september


Current GPA: 3.662
Science GPA: around 3.6
Major: Biomedical Engineering

I'm at a competitive undergrad (top 15)

E.C.'s

Club lacrosse
Committee member of a medical student group on campus
1 year of research in lab

I plan on taking the MCATs this summer and have a volunteer job set up in an er for the entire summer.

Next year I will be continuing research and have will be volunteering in a hospital throughout the year, as well as continuing with lacrosse.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
 
Looks like you're on a good track. Just as a bit of anecdotal advice, definitely start ramping up the extracurriculars, maybe more than just the ER this summer if you can swing it. All that stuff about 'meaningful involvement' is pretty serious business, and if you have the time and can load more clinical or shadowing stuff onto your E.C.s, why not? If nothing else, it'll bring you peace of mind when you finally do start filling out that application.

I have decent numbers but weak EC's, and I'm freaking out. I want to spare you my fate. 😛