Just wanted to indroduce myself

Started by Ged2Doc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ged2Doc

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I am new to this website. I have been looking at it for about 3 years, and finally decided, I was tired of looking at others live there dream, while I just sat back and dreamed about my own. I will be 26 a few months after my first semester. I got my GED in October, and went straight to university. I have a 5yr old, so that may make things a bit difficult. I will be double majoring in psychology and criminal justice....I may minor, correctional psych is extremely attractive to me. I guess I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this site that has posted over the years, and if there are any tips or advice you can give me it would be greatly appreciated! I haven't told any of the family about the pre-med thing, the fact that I left school at about 16.......me going to school for anything is probably all the shock they can take! Again, thanks for the advice and/or tips. They are greatly appreciated!
 
have you thought about majoring in a science field such as biology, chemistry, etc? This way you can knock out your pre-reqs while getting a degree.

Congrats on your decision and welcome! Im 24years old and just about done with my first pre-req class.
 
Hi, I am new to this website. I have been looking at it for about 3 years, and finally decided, I was tired of looking at others live there dream, while I just sat back and dreamed about my own. I will be 26 a few months after my first semester. I got my GED in October, and went straight to university. I have a 5yr old, so that may make things a bit difficult. I will be double majoring in psychology and criminal justice....I may minor, correctional psych is extremely attractive to me. I guess I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this site that has posted over the years, and if there are any tips or advice you can give me it would be greatly appreciated! I haven't told any of the family about the pre-med thing, the fact that I left school at about 16.......me going to school for anything is probably all the shock they can take! Again, thanks for the advice and/or tips. They are greatly appreciated!

Good luck friend.

Advice, plan when you will take your MCAT and try to section off 3 full months of no school or work for this time (or very limited work).

I wish I had those 3 full months right now but I don't!

Also just be patient and get As, and try to figure out what profs you will need LORs from ahead of time. Be the perfect student in those classes! : )
 
Thank you both for the info. Never really thought of majoring in science. I enjoy it, but not strong in it!