Just wondering ...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hybridtavo

Dr Ortegon
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious of how many hispano/latinos are here, myself Colombian Im just wondering.

Members don't see this ad.

This seems to be a hot topic recently... I would like to get some opinion on this topic as far as my situation is concerned. My father was born in Cuba along with that whole side of the family and my mother is typical American background, which is a blend of European influence.Somehow I came out white with blue eyes and not fluent in spanish. Should I apply as Hispanic???

Members don't see this ad :)
This seems to be a hot topic recently... I would like to get some opinion on this topic as far as my situation is concerned. My father was born in Cuba along with that whole side of the family and my mother is typical American background, which is a blend of European influence.Somehow I came out white with blue eyes and not fluent in spanish. Should I apply as Hispanic???

keep it simple, just check the box for "Other".

Ok, so being Hispanic gives you an edge as a minority. But look in the mirror and tell me if you think an interviewer saw you, would he/she say your hispanic? You said blue eyes, what skin color?
If you get an interview, you might get rejected for not looking what you claim to be.
GOOD LUCK

I don't think being a hispanic has anything to do with skin or eye color. What they want to know is if you've overcome disadvantaged circumstances to get where you are. Being hispanic is about your upbringing and chances are if your mom is American and you don't speak spanish, you haven't had the same upbringing as other hispanics.