SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Just wondering.......

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by justin_od, Jan 14, 2002.

1. justin_od

justin_od Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 25, 2001
    if we will hear from all of the schools we apply to, i.e. get rejections notices, interview requests, etc.

Or do some schools just dont send u $hit which means u were rejected?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. nochaser

nochaser Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Aug 31, 2001
    I have heard that some schools will 'keep your file under review/on hold' and once their class is filled (without you) they kinda just end it there, w/o contacting you further. Of course, if you are persistent at contacting the schools you applied to/interviewed with, these schools that don't contact you may tell you your status.
  4. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Aug 7, 2000
    I would think that you will at some point in time hear from all the schools you have applied to.
  5. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Jan 17, 2001
    Portland, OR
    A friend of mine that applied last year never heard back from a few schools including Jefferson and Stanford.
  6. Medical123

Medical123 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Dec 4, 2001
    I think that it is tacky that some schools don't have the decency to contact people at all! After all, they charge exorbitant application fees and waste our time and money with interviews,long distance phone calls, etc. They could at least show some respect for us rather than just leave us dangling! I hope those that are on the ad coms treat their patients better than they do us! :rolleyes:
  7. sandflea

sandflea Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 23, 2001
    there are schools that you will send your secondary (and $$$) to and never, ever hear from again. but you can generally figure out that you've been rejected if their school year starts and you haven't heard anything. :rolleyes: