KA passages - worth to do it? Mistakes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DameJulie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
From previous threads, it seems a consensus that KA passages are valuable but contains mistakes and often test out-of-scope topics.

I am wondering if KA passages are worth it to do in general, or is a particular section of them (even particular passages) are still excellent practice?

Are the mistakes in KA passages/answer explanations corrected somewhere like an addendum or a sticky thread?

Members don't see this ad.

I found KA CARS passages to be too short and easier compared to the CARS passages from 3rd parties. I don't like that they let you know the right answer before you go to the next question. That somewhat helps you answer the following questions, which explains why I rarely got anything wrong on these passages I think. However, I do like the questions that they ask- very in tune with the types of questions that you'd likely to see on the real MCAT (this is based on my observations of having done verbal passages from old AAMC exams). I just hope that they have a better question presentation format and skip the answers until the end. But then again, this is a free resource so I can't really ask for more. That being said, I do recommend doing them since they are approved by the test writers themselves.

Thank you all for your response. It seems like KA's CARS and Psych/Soc passages have the highest rating.

I don't like that they let you know the right answer before you go to the next question.
I know, it's unfortunate that they weren't able to escalate the test-setting. You actually pointed out something important. I probably should practice those passages that allow me to practice with test-setting.