Kaiser LA Program (UCLA/USC) Neurology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LAhottie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Anyone match into this program this year, interviewed there, current residents, or alumni? I want to hear your feedback. Thanks. :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! Anyone match into this program this year, interviewed there, current residents, or alumni? I want to hear your feedback. Thanks. :cool:

I interviewed there. Didn't know much about it before, but the LA locale drew me in (and its categorical). Residents looked really happy, plenty of sunshine does that to people, even residents. Good comradeship, new hospital, small program, tight knit, great locale, and the PD gave out an impressive fellowship listing ; i saw some awesome places like cleveland clinic for pain and stellar stroke programs. + the EMR is just sick - best i've seen. I ranked the prgram in my top 3 but just my sh**ty luck, didn't match there. Cali is notoriously tough to get into and this program's lifestyle is heaven...

don't know if you applicant or whatever, good luck to future applicants. you'll need it. neuro is getting tougher. i'll be okay in houston/baylor. ;)

I wondering if these types of programs look at geographical connections when ranking applicants???

I wondering if these types of programs look at geographical connections when ranking applicants???

They definitely do. I interviewed at Kaiser and it was apparent they knew I was from LA. They asked several times if I was interested in practicing in LA. It definitely helps to have a california connection if you want to go to a Cali school. I felt the same way about the program - I thought it was pretty good (a little too small with only 2 residents accepted per year though). Also, they supposedly called the applicants they liked (not me lol) to tell them they interviewed well. They were my next choice after UT-Southwestern in Austin, so I don't know if they ranked me highly or not, but I'd recommend the program. Best aspect is what medsrus said above - the fellowships they're linked to are unbelievable - Stanford, UCLA, Cleveland Clinic..