Kansas University Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KatieJune

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if KU gives secondaries to all out of state applicants or do they screen. I got one today and I'm out of state, so just wondering. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

they screen as far as i know. did it come via snail mail or email?

also is it a hard secondary...what kinds of questions?

Members don't see this ad :)
it came via e-mail. Its not hard - some short answer questions like: elaborate on which post-secondary experience influenced your desire to be a physician the most, if you don't get accepted to med school what is your second career choice, if you are out of state why do you want to to to KU....that's all I remember off the top of my head.

its not tough.. but the character limits for the responses is only 255 CHARS, which means you can write all of a sentence or 2.

Thank you so much for the heads up on the secondary. I just called KU and asked about it and they told me I wouldn't get it for two more weeks. I'm also out of state but I grew up in Kansas for my entire life. Oh, and FYI, it's the University of Kansas. I know that's silly but it would be important if you said it in an application or in your interview. The other state university is Kansas State University. So say KU or University of Kansas. Just trying to help!!

I am an out of state student at KU, currently a 1st year med student..........originally from California and absolutely no previous ties to KU or the state of Kansas.......it is extremely an honor if you are an out of state applicant with no ties and get a secondary or interview!!! Good luck!!!! :D

KU = University of Kansas
KSU = Kansas State University

anyone scheduled for an interview yet? My app's already complete and just waiting. One of my top schools outside of cali.