kaplan bio extensive enough?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

googlinggoogler

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm having some trouble reviewing for the bio section cause there seems to be SO MUCH to memorize! I have both the TPR books and the Kaplan books, and I found that the TPR books were a lot more detailed in some chapters than the Kaplan, which stuck more to the main points. So I started studying from the Kaplan book for bio. But when I tried to use the TPR science workbook just to practice problems, I found that I couldn't answer half the questions from the science workbook cause they were taught in the TPR book, but not even mentioned in the Kaplan book. So do you think the Kaplan bio review is comprehensive enough for the actual exam? Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

don't worry aobut the TPR workbook, its more memorybased imo
in the real mcat, its more about understanding the passages

just study for the kaplan, it should give u the necessary concepts

I just studied from Kaplan, and did fine. If you've taken all/most of the classes anyways, a good portion of it should just be review. When you go through all the practice tests (and make sure you do lots of practice questions, because those are what really help) and notice that you continually have a lot of trouble on one particular topic/question, that's when you should use TPR to find out more details about it. Sometimes looking at it from a different perspective is all you need to be able to understand it.