1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

kaplan biochemistry

Discussion in 'Step I' started by medicinehopeful, Mar 6, 2007.

1. medicinehopeful

5+ Year Member

hey all,
    would it make a big difference if i have the 2002 biochem notes as apposed to the newer sets? would i just be better off reading brs biochem or RR biochem instead?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ertugrul

10+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Best way is to inspect Kaplan 2004 lecture notes ;) I've both 2000 and 2004 version lecture notes and there are differences. At least, things are more organized and reader-friendly in 2004 version comparing to 2000 one. I've no idea about 2002 version btw.

4. medicinehopeful

5+ Year Member

5. smalley

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    which is better for cell and molecular biology
    kaplan or lippincots or hy

6. Pepsy

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    many would go for hy..

I did kaplan and felt it wasnt enough (also harder to understand) so took up HY.

7. mountainman123

Medical Student
    I used the newest set of Kaplan notes and thought they were excellent. I don't think the info has changed between the older and newer versions, but the layout and questions probably have to make it more user friendly. After all, that is usually the point of newer versions- to correct errors, update, and reword things that are tricky. The Biochem book covers a fair amount of Cell and Moecular Bio in the first 100 pages. I read that book twice and listened to the lectures and felt it wasn't enough so I also ended up reading the HY CMB twice just to improve my confidence in the subject. After taking the real thing I am not sure that the HY version actually helped me with any questions that the Kaplan book didn't. I definitely do not regret reading both, as these questions are very tricky andintimidating on the real test and it doesn't hurt to be really prepared and not scared of them.

8. guitarguy09

guitarguy09 Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    the first 50 or so pages when I compared the 2002 and 2004 versions were exactly the same from what I could tell.