Kaplan blue book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

201Blue

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This may sound like a stupid question but the Kaplan blue book isn't the one that comes with the class is it? The one anyone can get online seems to be half the size of the one you get from the course.

Members don't see this ad.

I actually bought the KBB before I thought I was going to take the online course. In all, it appears the "review notes" from the online course is pretty much the same, but the book for the online lecture has the PAT stuff with quizzes and a few extra mnemonics and info. Although, I can't say for sure since I only looked through the KBB to make sure I wouldn't miss anything besides the CD in the back before I sold it to a friend. If anyone knows differently, feel free to correct me.

The difference between Kaplan Blue Book (KBB) and the Kaplan book that comes with the class is that KBB is just the review notes and doesn't come with any quizzes and practice problems. The Kaplan course books contains Review notes (basically everything in KBB plus some things that they've added and updated) PLUS quizzes/practice problems at the end of each section. That's why the course version is so much bigger than KBB. The course also sends you a "Lesson Book" which has extra practice problems that they give you the answers when you do the class sessions online, extra little tips, and mnemonics.