Kaplan ck for IMG vs OME? What's the better base?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sahell

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
IMG graduated 2016. I'm deciding between using Kaplan on demand or OME as my base. I liked Kaplan for step 1 but feel they were overpriced! Any advise is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I preferred OME because it is free. Their videos are free. I took notes, while watching so I didnt need to pay for notes... Coupled it with MTB2/3 and Uworld.. I think most importantly it will be Uworld

I agree that UWorld is probably the most important thing, but I'd like to keep it until after having a decent base like I did for step 1. I'm just worried OME will not be sufficient, no clue as to how I compare to the average AMG. I was going to follow your method initially but am now planning on supplementing with some old kaplan videos and maybe SUTM or Secrets as well.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree that UWorld is probably the most important thing, but I'd like to keep it until after having a decent base like I did for step 1. I'm just worried OME will not be sufficient, no clue as to how I compare to the average AMG. I was going to follow your method initially but am now planning on supplementing with some old kaplan videos and maybe SUTM or Secrets as well.

To be honest, it is better to do what your style of learning is, none is the same. What I did I had to do 1 NBME before doing OME/Uworld.. Then Started OME from start to finish doing notes in regards to each video on 2 notebooks. After everything, this was the time I started Uworld. And will be doing 1 NBME in a few weeks when I reach 20-30% Left of the UW bank. And while doing uworld I made it a point to read atleast 1-2 hours from MTB2 and then MTB3. Use which book for you works and which method works. There isnt a right or wrong way to study for exams. All depends on how you learn and how you use those to answer questions... But, I might say after doing OME it was quicker to answer Uworld with OME because it was high yield enough i think

Reactions: 1 user