Kaplan class vs Coursesaver (w/ destroyer and all other sources)

2016eyedoc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I'm planning to study for OAT for 2~3 months(minimum 7 hours everyday). I've already took all the prerequisites and I did fine on all those classes. I'm debating whether I should register for the Kaplan course or do the coursesaver.com (along with all other sources). If I choose to study on my own with the coursesaver website, I'm planning to get Kaplan's OAT book, cracking the OAT from the princeton, and destroyer series if I have enough time.

1)For anyone who took the Kaplan course, was it helpful for the OAT?
2)I'm a slow reader, so RC is the main reason why I would like to register for the course. What kind of practice do they do during the Kaplan course? such as shortcuts, tricks? were they really helpful?
3)How is the coursesaver? Were the quizzes from his website similar to the actual OAT questions?(style, easier, harder, etc?) I did well on all the chemistry/ochem/physics courses, but this has been awhile when i took them. How much prep is necessary for this section?
4)Does destroyer worth your time to go over all those questions? Is it easier or more difficult than the actual test?
5) Any suggestions on practicing for the RC section?

Thank you~!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey hun, I wouldn't spend the money on Kaplan. Chad goes so much more in depth and gives you exactly what you need. Take his quizzes and then practice with destroyer. Also, if you buy the kaplan book, it comes with online resources and gives you a strategy for RC.

The destroyer is most helpful with QR, in my opinion. Very spot on with what you'll see on the OAT. I also increased my physics score after going through physics destroyer, but a lot of those questions were a little much compared to the real deal.

I would go through as much of coursesaver as you can, take the quizzes, then go through destroyer. You need to get a base down (Chad's) followed by active learning. 2 months should be plenty of time and you'll probably find that 7 hours may not be necessary for you. Don't overload yourself!

Hope this helps

Reactions: 1 user