Kaplan Classroom Anywhere advice?

opto2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken the Kaplan "Classroom Anywhere" course? If so, what is it like? Pro's and con's? I have previously taken the Classroom On-site, but I didn't really learn much from them. It was mostly just zipping through the sections (also I didn't get to study beforehand so I didn't remember some of the things). Also I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how early in advance I should take the classroom anywhere course? Should I take it a month ahead or should I take it while I study for the OAT?
I am planning on taking the OAT sometime next year..probably the end of August, (is that fine if I decide to retake it?) so any suggestions from people who have had experience with this course would be great!!

Thanks =]

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone taken the Kaplan "Classroom Anywhere" course? If so, what is it like? Pro's and con's? I have previously taken the Classroom On-site, but I didn't really learn much from them. It was mostly just zipping through the sections (also I didn't get to study beforehand so I didn't remember some of the things). Also I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how early in advance I should take the classroom anywhere course? Should I take it a month ahead or should I take it while I study for the OAT?
I am planning on taking the OAT sometime next year..probably the end of August, (is that fine if I decide to retake it?) so any suggestions from people who have had experience with this course would be great!!

Thanks =]

I'll just break up your post:

What's it like?
-It was informative, and you're given a professor and a teacher's assistant. They did a good job of teaching, and there's constant feedback from the class through text. You can hear and see the professor (and TA), but they cannot hear or see you. You need to type to talk to them. There are both 'public' chat and 'private' chat (everyone can see, only the professor can see, respectively).

You noted you've taken the classroom course. This is just as fast and requires a good amount of 'out-of-classroom' studying. To get the most out of it, study and read ahead of time just like any other class.

How early?
-I took it so that it ended around one month ahead of time. That gave me the time to review and digest all of the information with plenty of time to spare before the OAT. There are people that set the test date very near the end of the course. I wouldn't really recommend this in any case.

August OAT date:
-I took my OAT in August and the class started in late May or early June I believe. I'd say it worked out very well for me.

Hope that helps!