Quantcast

kaplan course: do quizzes reflect scaled score?

BeMo Free Repeat™ On Us + MCAT 520 Challenge™
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apricotattack

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is for anybody in the Kaplan course:

What do you think, can I accurately assign a scaled score to passage-based (MCAT style) quizzes and tests on the site? These are the ones usually 17 questions long or 2 passages. I checked the aamc's past scales of raw to scaled to come up with numbers.

Just wondering, because a scaled 15 is a lot more comforting than a raw 75%! :) Thanks.

(this post links to the charts I'm talkin about: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=221456 )

DiverDoc

KCUMB 2012
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
By quizzes, Im assuming your talking about the Q bank quizzes. I generally just set the amount of questions to 15-20 and have every topic available to ask. My %'s on those are low, for what I have scored on AAMC exams. My scaled scores on practice tests are at a higher % correct than the quizzes. Those quizzes arent easy by any stretch, but it is good practice because your doing problems/reading passages. But dont fret over your percent. But pat yourself on the back if you do good !

PugMD

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd also agree that Kaplan material is definately more difficult than the real exam. When I was taking Kaplan exams/quizzes I felt like I never came across simple give-away questions. Then I sat for the real thing and felt like every 4-5 question was one so simple that someone should be able to deduce the correct answer without undergraduate courses. I scored 10 points higher on the real thing than the kaplan diagnostics.