Kaplan DAT questions are not fair

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kobebucsfan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been using the crack DAT PAT for the last 2 months and i've been getting 20+ score on every test

Yesterday i decided to try the DAT section in the blue book and i did horrible

I uploaded an attachment, i thought the size dimensions matter

in the crack DAT PAT, the answers were correct size

so on the REAL DAT exam, is it closer to the kaplan DAT or crack DAT PAT??

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• IMG_20101127_180424.jpg
    IMG_20101127_180424.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 121
I found the real DAT to be quite similar to Crack PAT. My only experience with Kaplan PAT was in the KBB. These questions (as well as the other sections) seemed to be much simpler than the real DAT.

kaplan dat on the pat section is right on spot just dont use their papers use the computer version cause its really different from paper to computer so get used to the computer version esp for the angle stuff.

Just want to add to this, having just taken the KBB PAT test:

Angles: were ridiculously easy.
Cubes: two had errors in answer
TFE: I did well, but I felt like about half were very different from CDP
Projections: I found this to be extremely difficult, and as the OP said, the dimensions seemed odd, I even felt there were two correct answers a few times.
Patterns: about same as CDP

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think anyone even read the original post.

Yes, KBB Pat is worthless because there are so many questions that are wrong. The objects on the real exam and the holes they make are proportional.

I don't think anyone even read the original post.

Yes, KBB Pat is worthless because there are so many questions that are wrong. The objects on the real exam and the holes they make are proportional.

Ahh, well that is good to have confirmed. I'm just doing the KBB test sections to work on timing mostly, even if it's not totally realistic.

Yeah, I would've made a new thread, but I think there are way too many threads of "such and such on this practice test" for the same test/book, so decided to just revive this one.

I have yet to take the online KBB test, I'll still do it even if it isn't as reliable, that way I can at least compare it to the in-book version and of course continue to work on timing.