Kaplan definitely didn't = Real DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

geckel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I just finished the real test. Just for a comparison.......
Kaplan Practice DAT.......
AA=20.0
TS=17.0
Bio=17
GChem=17
OChem=17
RC=22
QR=21
PA=22

Real DAT........
AA=21 94.4%
TS=21 94.9%
BIO=20 90.0%
GChem=21 91.4%
OChem=24 95.5%
RC=21 82.1%
QR=17 69.3%
PA=23 99.8%

Anyway, I'm feeling pretty good about how the test turned out and figured that maybe someone might care. Also, thank you to the people that replied to my original thread.

Members don't see this ad.

Great scores. :idea: Now all you could do is wait like the rest of us.

geckel said:
AA=20.0
TS=17.0
Bio=17
GChem=17
OChem=17
RC=22
QR=21
PA=22

Real DAT........
AA=21 94.4%
TS=21 94.9%
BIO=20 90.0%
GChem=21 91.4%
OChem=24 95.5%
RC=21 82.1%
QR=17 69.3%
PA=23 99.8%

Anyway, I'm feeling pretty good about how the test turned out and figured that maybe someone might care. Also, thank you to the people that replied to my original thread.
Nice!!!! Those are some solid scores. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
geckel said:
AA=20.0
TS=17.0
Bio=17
GChem=17
OChem=17
RC=22
QR=21
PA=22

Real DAT........
AA=21 94.4%
TS=21 94.9%
BIO=20 90.0%
GChem=21 91.4%
OChem=24 95.5%
RC=21 82.1%
QR=17 69.3%
PA=23 99.8%

Definitely great scores. Congratz!!

geckel said:
AA=20.0
TS=17.0
Bio=17
GChem=17
OChem=17
RC=22
QR=21
PA=22

Real DAT........
AA=21 94.4%
TS=21 94.9%
BIO=20 90.0%
GChem=21 91.4%
OChem=24 95.5%
RC=21 82.1%
QR=17 69.3%
PA=23 99.8%

No one cares!! I can't figure out why people post their scores. I'm sure everyone was dying to know.

geckel said:
AA=20.0
TS=17.0
Bio=17
GChem=17
OChem=17
RC=22
QR=21
PA=22

Real DAT........
AA=21 94.4%
TS=21 94.9%
BIO=20 90.0%
GChem=21 91.4%
OChem=24 95.5%
RC=21 82.1%
QR=17 69.3%
PA=23 99.8%

Great scores ! Congrats, especially the PAT. I plan to take it around March or April of 2006.

Two questions:
1) Did you study on your own (using the Kaplan book), did you do the Kaplan On-line, or did you do the Kaplan Course (sit-down in a classroom, etc.)?

2) Does one need to have taken Org. Chem II to do well on the DAT? I will have only finished Org. Chem. I this semester... :scared:

Thanks in advance.

djktennis said:
No one cares!! I can't figure out why people post their scores. I'm sure everyone was dying to know.

djktennis,

Stay off my thread - you are a troll.

Pelotari said:
Great scores ! Congrats, especially the PAT. I plan to take it around March or April of 2006.

Two questions:
1) Did you study on your own (using the Kaplan book), did you do the Kaplan On-line, or did you do the Kaplan Course (sit-down in a classroom, etc.)?

2) Does one need to have taken Org. Chem II to do well on the DAT? I will have only finished Org. Chem. I this semester... :scared:

Thanks in advance.

Pelotari,

First of all, thank you for your kind remarks.

I used the Kaplan on-line course with Schaum's books for Chemistry (they're full of great practice problems) and of course my textbooks. Don't rush the Kaplan course, focus on concepts not memorization. PA is worthless practice on Kaplan use acethedat.com. It's the most realistic for PAT.

Hving not taking Org II might hurt you, but if you can handle the Kaplan Organic, you can handle the real DAT organic.

I wish you the best of luck!

Could someone explain what each section of the test scores listed above covers?

Thanks!

~BB

Just curious, how did you study for the PAT? What materials did you use and how long did it take you to master the PAT?

Anyways, congraduation on your DAT score!

E. coli said:
Just curious, how did you study for the PAT? What materials did you use and how long did it take you to master the PAT?

Anyways, congraduation on your DAT score!

To tell you the truth.......I study the perceptual the same way I studied the harder aspects of the science sections(organic enantiomers took a knowledge of prospective). I visualize things in my head and find a perspective that worked for me. For instance, angle ranking I just took the acute angles and pictured trying to take one of them and fitting inside the other.....if I thought it would fit than it was smaller. For obtuse angles I pictured laying down in them and the ones that I thought would be the most comfortable were the larger ones.

I know that this sounds strange but it is the truth. Also.......being an artist and having worked for the last 6-10 years as a bench jeweler, in my parents jewelery store, may have helped. :rolleyes:

Best of luck to you.....I'm sure that with enough practice you will do fine.

ajeckel said:
To tell you the truth.......I study the perceptual the same way I studied the harder aspects of the science sections(organic enantiomers took a knowledge of prospective). I visualize things in my head and find a perspective that worked for me. For instance, angle ranking I just took the acute angles and pictured trying to take one of them and fitting inside the other.....if I thought it would fit than it was smaller. For obtuse angles I pictured laying down in them and the ones that I thought would be the most comfortable were the larger ones.

I know that this sounds strange but it is the truth. Also.......being an artist and having worked for the last 6-10 years as a bench jeweler, in my parents jewelery store, may have helped. :rolleyes:

Best of luck to you.....I'm sure that with enough practice you will do fine.

Sorry about that........I was logged in as my girlfriend. :p