KAPLAN diagnostic test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smurf528

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took the test today and I'm not happy at all with what I got. I heard that these companies try to make it hard so you'll take the courses they offer. Anyways, are these scores realistic then? I didn't study at all before the test, except for a few of the PAT questions. I thought the RC and QR sections went by really quick! I have a few other questions:

1. How did you study and for how long (weeks, months)?
2. Kaplan test realistic scores?
3. How close is it to the actual test (comparing it with Kaplan's)?
4. Do I have any chance of getting scores around 19-21?

Here are my scores (I know they're horrible!):
Bio: 13
GenChem: 13
OChem: 14
PAT: 14
RC: 14
QR: 13
Total Science: 13
Academic Average: 13 :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

I just took the test today and I'm not happy at all with what I got. I heard that these companies try to make it hard so you'll take the courses they offer. Anyways, are these scores realistic then? I didn't study at all before the test, except for a few of the PAT questions. I thought the RC and QR sections went by really quick! I have a few other questions:

1. How did you study and for how long (weeks, months)?
2. Kaplan test realistic scores?
3. How close is it to the actual test (comparing it with Kaplan's)?
4. Do I have any chance of getting scores around 19-21?

Here are my scores (I know they're horrible!):
Bio: 13
GenChem: 13
OChem: 14
PAT: 14
RC: 14
QR: 13
Total Science: 13
Academic Average: 13 :eek:

Thats not bad for your first test. Now you know what you have to do to do well. When do you plan on taking the test? My only word of advice is to set goals. You cant just jump into this. You have to set goals, make a plan and stick to it. Consistency and discipline is the key my friend. Study hard, re-visit your old textbooks and read as much as possible. I kno its a daunting task and very overwhelming. Just take it one step at a time, and it will all be worth it in the end.

don't sweat it i got a 19 on that one and a 25 on the real one.....just work your tail off and use all the online material and watch your score increase..

gl

Members don't see this ad :)
is that meant to make him/her feel better? lol

lol the point was that test was a poor judge of ability you get less questions and i feel like they asked alot of odd questions with 2 possible answers....

moral of the story don't get discouraged by the first paper non replica test they give you

anyway those are shallow words coming from your Mr 24 :laugh:

dont worry about it. When I took the diagnostic, I got all 15s and below. I was familiar with the stuff, as in I remember learning it, but totally forgot exactly how to do the questions and come up with answers. With studying, esp their online material, I am sure youll dramatically improve that score.

I plan on taking the test in the summer of '09. Can someone explain to me how the whole DAT test taking process it? I heard that it's on computer and could be taken anytime. Is that true?

If you haven't started studying then don't sweat it at all. Keep in mind though that those scores are still a little low if you have already taken the prerequisite courses.

"20+ is competitive, 17 is average, 11 is guessing"-verbatim from a UCSF admissions rep. As you can see you have a lot of work to do because at the moment, your just a few questions above "guessing". Don't be discouraged though, with enough time and effort, you'll look back and say "wow, how did i get a 13 aa?"