Kaplan F1 rejection

Started by skumar20
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

skumar20

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Kaplan F1 rejection
Hi,
I am a dentist. I have Kaplan I20. My F1 Visa got rejected at Mumbai consulate on May 20, 2006. The visa officer(she)said "financial instability".
I am from Mumbai. Kaplan Test Prep expenses for 1 year has been estimated as $11000 and I had shown $20000 as liquid funds in my bank account. Any advice on improving my case to get F1 Visa will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
S Kumar
 
skumar20 said:
Kaplan F1 rejection
Hi,
I am a dentist. I have Kaplan I20. My F1 Visa got rejected at Mumbai consulate on May 20, 2006. The visa officer(she)said "financial instability".
I am from Mumbai. Kaplan Test Prep expenses for 1 year has been estimated as $11000 and I had shown $20000 as liquid funds in my bank account. Any advice on improving my case to get F1 Visa will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
S Kumar

Hi Kumar,
U will never get a visa if u tell them that u are coming to the states to be a dentist. I have never seen a dentist geting a visa for this reason. If u apply for a non-clinical course in a university, u can get a visa. Infact if u mention to them that u are going to write ur NBDE then u will never get the visa.

devilsmile