• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Kaplan FL 1 Score

Bavestry

2+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2017
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Today I took the Kaplan FL 1 practice test and scored a 505 (125/127/127/126). My exam is in 8 days and I'm starting to get pretty worried about it, I'm not sure a 505 will be good enough. I've read a lot about how the Kaplan FL scores are deflated and I should expect better on the real exam, but is that actually the case, or is it wishful thinking?

mvsrocks

2+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2019
  1. Medical Student
Quite sure Kaplan exams are tougher than the actual exam and deflate your score. Did you not have the official AAMC material to use? Their FLs are guaranteed the most accurate.

Jhepp23

Feb 28, 2019
  1. Medical Student
Yes the Kaplan ones are harder, but those should be the first FL you take! Typically it’s recommended to use the AAMC FLs as you get closer to the test date because it is more representative of the real deal. For reference I took Kaplan FL 1 about 2 months out from my test date and got a 500, but took AAMC FL 3 five days before my test date and got a 517.

About the Ads

Seihai

The dog is always the real hero.
2+ Year Member
May 24, 2017
I took a Kaplan exam about a month out from my exam and got <500, but got a much higher score on the actual thing. Focus on doing AAMC material this close to your exam.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.