Kaplan FL 1 Score

Started by Bavestry
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Bavestry

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Today I took the Kaplan FL 1 practice test and scored a 505 (125/127/127/126). My exam is in 8 days and I'm starting to get pretty worried about it, I'm not sure a 505 will be good enough. I've read a lot about how the Kaplan FL scores are deflated and I should expect better on the real exam, but is that actually the case, or is it wishful thinking?
 
Quite sure Kaplan exams are tougher than the actual exam and deflate your score. Did you not have the official AAMC material to use? Their FLs are guaranteed the most accurate.
 
Yes the Kaplan ones are harder, but those should be the first FL you take! Typically it’s recommended to use the AAMC FLs as you get closer to the test date because it is more representative of the real deal. For reference I took Kaplan FL 1 about 2 months out from my test date and got a 500, but took AAMC FL 3 five days before my test date and got a 517.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took a Kaplan exam about a month out from my exam and got <500, but got a much higher score on the actual thing. Focus on doing AAMC material this close to your exam.