Kaplan FL 6 ???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

axp107

UCLA>> Italian Pryde
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not complaining.. but I have to say, this is the weirdest FL I've taken so far.. it had a strange feel to it the whole way.
Weirdest test breakdown ever... what'd you guys think of it?

I've never gotten < 11 on an Kaplan PS.. got a 12 once on Kaplan VR, never higher.. mainly 8 - 10s.. and BS seemed harder than usual.

PS: 10 (anyone else find it really time consuming?)
VR: 14 ????????
BS: 12

Weirdest test I've ever taken I think.... I felt the Verbal was easy while taking it. The passages were pretty short.
What I'll take from this is: study PS more, VR was a fluke.

Members don't see this ad.

:laugh: I never seen so many complaints of good scores. Use the good score to fuel your confidence and study harder! Keep it up. You will do good. Keep taking them practice tests and look at the general average.

:laugh: I never seen so many complaints of good scores. Use the good score to fuel your confidence and study harder! Keep it up. You will do good. Keep taking them practice tests and look at the general average.

lol I'm not complaining.. I've never genuinely gotten over a 10 on Verbal (except on 2 Kaplan tests).. I'm just wondering if anyone else got owned on PS.. especially.

I think I should stop doing the Kaplan tests.. PS can get odd ... BS is always killer (even though the curve sorts things out).. and VR is just unpredictable.

I'm not complaining.. but I have to say, this is the weirdest FL I've taken so far.. it had a strange feel to it the whole way.
Weirdest test breakdown ever... what'd you guys think of it?

I've never gotten < 11 on an Kaplan PS.. got a 12 once on Kaplan VR, never higher.. mainly 8 - 10s.. and BS seemed harder than usual.

PS: 10 (anyone else find it really time consuming?)
VR: 14 ????????
BS: 12

Weirdest test I've ever taken I think.... I felt the Verbal was easy while taking it. The passages were pretty short.
What I'll take from this is: study PS more, VR was a fluke.

Wow how long have you been studying to be making good scores like that? NO matter what i do i just cant hit above mid 20's. Its really depressing but im still working on it. Actually I only have a day to do that since my test is after tomorrow lol. I'm really screwed but im taking it anyway. I'm anticipating retaking it which is not a good attitude to have but I don't want to move it again. Maybe next time i'll do better. But anyway, keep up the good work. With those scores, med school is only an application away.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey what'd you think of kaplan FL4? THAT was a weird damn test, esp the physics. and the VR passages were long as ****

ikester- good luck and retakes aren't the end of the world. you get an entirely different experience taking the test in a controlled environment than you do taking practice tests and that is worth the money...or was for me. plus, you never know.. you may surprise yourself!!

I got 13 10 11. Dude, I wish I could get a 14 on the verbal, I'd go nuts over that.

outta curiosity...how'd you do on the other FLs? and the AAMCs if you've done them?

i know this has been said over and over again...but kaplan gives me scores that're a bit too high, and aamc gives me some lower ones. so i don't know what's what. i just wanna know how other ppl have been doing

I just took it today.
PS 13
VR 9
BS 10
I don't get too excited with Kaplan's generous/inflated score. I'd just go by the percent correct. I have a feeling from reading the recent postings of MCATs that the real deal is more like the Kaplan ones in difficulty than the AAMC CBTs. Of course, the curve won't be as generous on the real deal as on Kaplan. So, I'm thinking the actual score will be lower than Kaplan ones by about 1-2 per section. I've been scoring 30, 32, 34, 33, 32 in Kaplan FL 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. But, that's just my guess.

I just took it today.
PS 13
VR 9
BS 10
I don't get too excited with Kaplan's generous/inflated score. I'd just go by the percent correct. I have a feeling from reading the recent postings of MCATs that the real deal is more like the Kaplan ones in difficulty than the AAMC CBTs. Of course, the curve won't be as generous on the real deal as on Kaplan. So, I'm thinking the actual score will be lower than Kaplan ones by about 1-2 per section. I've been scoring 30, 32, 34, 33, 32 in Kaplan FL 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. But, that's just my guess.

u're right...i'm getting the impression that the real ones gonna be more kaplan-like...but what's to say the curve couldn't be at least somewhat generous? i mean on kap 3 and 4, the PS was ridiculously convoluted. i mean i really have no clue wtf is going on...but i still pull ok scores, god knows how. i'm really skeptical though as you said cuz it's too good to be true

Did you guys think FL6s PS was particularly harder than the earlier ones? Perhaps it was a fluke I did worse on PS.. PS has generally been my strongest section (even though I'm a Bio major)

Did you guys think FL6s PS was particularly harder than the earlier ones? Perhaps it was a fluke I did worse on PS.. PS has generally been my strongest section (even though I'm a Bio major)

Hey AXP, how do you approach the verbal reasoning sectoin?

Hey AXP, how do you approach the verbal reasoning sectoin?

lol just as I normally do.. nothing different really.. read passage once and answer questions..

only difference was that I got a lotta sleep last night .. I was more alert today. I honestly think that makes a lotta difference.