Kaplan FL 7 C/P Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

avalonisland888

Reaction score
Reviewing my answers atm and came across a few questions. Any help would be really, really appreciated!

1) I don't understand how there are 12 electrons on the left and 16 on the right? Doesn't O2 have an oxidation state of 0? I tried balancing the equation by watching some videos, but I still can't seem to get it.
1593534551202.png

2) Just to confirm..the centre of mass does not always have to be at the support joint? I was confused about this question because the fact the CG was not where the support joint is confused me.
1593540042594.png

3) One of the questions asked me whether CaF is soluble. F isn't on the solubility rules I had memorized so how do I know it is insoluble? I thought that it was soluble since it's an ionic compound...

4) I went through the org chem textbook but I don't believe I needed to know how to name this. I chose B because I recognized the tert-butyl and anhydride-looking form, but I don't know how I was supposed to identify the first structure. Can someone please confirm?
1593541180255.png

5) Can a calorimeter LOSE energy? I know it can absorb energy.

6) Do the radii fo the blood vessels change from systole to diastole? I don't believe so, but I want to double check.

7) Is Q=AV not applicable in this case because blood is compressible?
1593542621517.png

Members don't see this ad.

1) the way i look at it is: O2 has a 0 oxidation state like you said on left, -2 on right, but theres 2mol so -4, 0 -> -4

2) i dont remember much physics sorry

3) i think of F like oxygen since it has similar reactivity patterns. would the oxygen in CaO randomly bubble out if you put it in water? probably not

4) dont remember how to name stuff sorry

5) yes

6) no

7) i would just use poise's law for anything blood flow related

Reactions: 1 user
2) it says when the head is erect. When you try to keep your head erect, you need to apply a force on the beck of your neck (F1). The takeaway from that question is not the fact that Center of Mass is not at the support joint but whether you can draw a force diagram and solve physics problem.

4) You need to know what Boc is, and you may have heard of t-boc as a common protecting group during organic chemistry class. Yes, you need to remember the protecting groups in organic chemistry, and I have seen stand-alone problems on them.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
2) it says when the head is erect. When you try to keep your head erect, you need to apply a force on the beck of your neck (F1). The takeaway from that question is not the fact that Center of Mass is not at the support joint but whether you can draw a force diagram and solve physics problem.

4) You need to know what Boc is, and you may have heard of t-boc as a common protecting group during organic chemistry class. Yes, you need to remember the protecting groups in organic chemistry, and I have seen stand-alone problems on them.
Ah I see. So the location of the center of mass was irrelevant and I needed to solve it like a normal torque problem? Aside from Boc, I know the other protecting groups include mesylates, tosylates. Are there other protecting groups I should know for the mcat?

Ah I see. So the location of the center of mass was irrelevant and I needed to solve it like a normal torque problem? Aside from Boc, I know the other protecting groups include mesylates, tosylates. Are there other protecting groups I should know for the mcat?

The more the merrier, but remembering those in Kaplan Organic Chemistry
Book should be enough.