Kaplan flashcards...Useful or Useless?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Give me vicodin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are your opinions? i was thinking of buy them so i could just look at some concepts when im on the move?

Members don't see this ad.

I've talked to some people who swore by the flash cards.

Personally, I found them to be completely useless. I guess it depends on your learning/studying style.

About half of what I found on the Kaplan flashcards made me think: Okay, this is useful. The other half made me think: Why is this fact/equation within the flashcards? Couldn't they have put something more useful in?

I would simply second the suggestion to make your own.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, and Kaplan also suggests that you take the flashcards with you on the day of your real MCAT and review them before the exam and during the breaks. I was told by a TPR instructor that this is not a wise suggestion. You will be making yourself nervous and you will also be making other nervous...you will be: that guy. Also, the TPR instructor suggested to stay away from those Kaplan individuals who are going through the flashcards.

they work for me!

i used them as skeletons... i would write my own little notes on them as well to expand the question/answer on the cards.

i wont be using them during my break or anything, or even at my test center... but I used them quite a bit during my study.

They were fantastic. Made an awesome paperweight for holding open some of the books while I was doing practice questions.

I used the physics ones since I couldn't remember physics equations for the life of me. I thought the Bio ones were useless, organic ones were decent and I never looked at gen chem.

It's all about the kaplan quicksheets anyways.

08OATset.JPG

Those are quicksheets.

What are your opinions? i was thinking of buy them so i could just look at some concepts when im on the move?

Also just so you know- the Kaplan flashcards available for purchase online differ from the Kaplan flashcards that come with the course. I know someone who bought the online version and said they were dramatically different from the ones that came with the course. Not sure exactly the differences except the online ones were apparently too detailed/huge paragraphs on each card...