Kaplan Flashcards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MJB

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Helpful...or not.

Planning to continue reviewing them, do topicals, and work on the high yield book between FL tests...also might look at Q-bank, but haven't had the chance yet.

Members don't see this ad.

MJB said:
Helpful...or not.

Planning to continue reviewing them, do topicals, and work on the high yield book between FL tests...also might look at Q-bank, but haven't had the chance yet.

They're pretty good for me - review them during your breaks, when you're, cooking food, when you're eating, gym, bus, going for a walk etc. It goes over the fundamental stuff and I do think it (the cards) helps smash it into your memory.

Why is it that kaplan has flashcards for their prep course and TPR and TBR dont? I'm assuming EK don't have flashcards either.

I never used them, but I bet they'd be helpful. I found the High Yield Problems book very helpful. Reviewing the formulas cheatsheet before the test was also a good anxiety buster.

MJB said:
Helpful...or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
calchico said:
Why is it that kaplan has flashcards for their prep course and TPR and TBR dont? I'm assuming EK don't have flashcards either.

I really like the Kaplan flashcards... after you are done with content and concept review, they're a good way to nail some smaller things in to memory.

EK actually has some flashcards for Orgo

Schaden Freud said:
I never used them, but I bet they'd be helpful. I found the High Yield Problems book very helpful. Reviewing the formulas cheatsheet before the test was also a good anxiety buster.

What's the High Yield book all about?

I just opened the HY book tonight for the first time after going through all the flashcards.

Kaplan's way of doing algebra and mine are on different planets, it seems...

I'll get a good feel for how to tackle the physics problems, then read their explanations and be completely confused.

yes. yes. must do them. they raised me from full length one nine points alone. and studyign them alone was enough to jump over 5 points from FL1 and break the 30s during the kaplan course.

Went over every one of them over the last 2 nights...and I must say it's much better for me to learn that way...My guess is I will retain more of the information...and remember what all the enzymes, etc...do. I MUST start memorizing the equations for physics, it seems, or I'm screwed.