1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Kaplan Flashcards?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by MJB, Jul 24, 2006.

1. MJB

MJB Senior Member
    Physician Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    Helpful...or not.

Planning to continue reviewing them, do topicals, and work on the high yield book between FL tests...also might look at Q-bank, but haven't had the chance yet.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. xylem29

Dental Student
    They're pretty good for me - review them during your breaks, when you're, cooking food, when you're eating, gym, bus, going for a walk etc. It goes over the fundamental stuff and I do think it (the cards) helps smash it into your memory.

4. calchico

calchico New Member

Pre-Medical
    Why is it that kaplan has flashcards for their prep course and TPR and TBR dont? I'm assuming EK don't have flashcards either.

5. Schaden Freud

Schaden Freud MiSanthrope II

Medical Student
    I never used them, but I bet they'd be helpful. I found the High Yield Problems book very helpful. Reviewing the formulas cheatsheet before the test was also a good anxiety buster.

6. UMP

UMP Recovered Under-Achiever

Medical Student

I really like the Kaplan flashcards... after you are done with content and concept review, they're a good way to nail some smaller things in to memory.

EK actually has some flashcards for Orgo

7. xylem29

Dental Student
    What's the High Yield book all about?

8. MJB

MJB Senior Member

Attending Physician
    I just opened the HY book tonight for the first time after going through all the flashcards.

Kaplan's way of doing algebra and mine are on different planets, it seems...

I'll get a good feel for how to tackle the physics problems, then read their explanations and be completely confused.

9. EBI831

EBI831 legend in the making

Medical Student
    yes. yes. must do them. they raised me from full length one nine points alone. and studyign them alone was enough to jump over 5 points from FL1 and break the 30s during the kaplan course.

10. MJB

MJB Senior Member

Attending Physician
    Went over every one of them over the last 2 nights...and I must say it's much better for me to learn that way...My guess is I will retain more of the information...and remember what all the enzymes, etc...do. I MUST start memorizing the equations for physics, it seems, or I'm screwed.