Kaplan FLs vs AAMC vs Real MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMedDisposed

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've taken a few FLs till now: Aamc #3, Kaplan #1 and #2, in that respective order. My respective scores were: 30 (11 10 9), 35 (13 10 12), and 38 (12 13 13). Now as you can see my lowest was on the Aamc test, and I'm aware that the Kaplan score conversion is inflated, so I'm not quite sure how to feel about my scores. I mean comparing the aamc, which although is the easiest of all aamc FLs, is still more representative than the Kaplan FLs, so I'm not sure whether I'm in a good place or not!
Any comment is appreciated, I just want to know where I stand so that I could plan the next few weeks to better my chances.
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think you should take a more recent AAMC to see how you would fare on the real thing. I did pretty well on AAMC 3 because it's more content based. However, the test now is more critical thinking based. AAMC 3 is also an ancient test. Take something like AAMC 8 and see how you do.

Kaplan tests are over inflated (Score wise) but their Biol is very good.

Reactions: 1 user
I think you should take a more recent AAMC to see how you would fare on the real thing. I did pretty well on AAMC 3 because it's more content based. However, the test now is more critical thinking based. AAMC 3 is also an ancient test. Take something like AAMC 8 and see how you do.

Thank you, I will! I appreciate the advice! :)

Hey again!
I wrote Kaplan #4 and scored 34, and then today I took AAMC #4 instead of #8 (thought I'd save that one for later, considering my MCAT is in September) and I scored a 38 (12 12 14), what would your feedback be now, after having taken another AAMC test?
I'm sorry for bothering you again!