Kaplan Full Length #8 (recently released0

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yogi Bear

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just took FL #8 today just to get a feel of how the more recent tests are like. Ended up getting 6v, 7ps, 7bs = 20! anyone else taken FL8? i either i was not focusing today or the test was just plainly hard. I had gotten 27 on FL1, 29 on FL2.

Members don't see this ad.

I got a 15 on test #8 and 16 and 17 on test 6 and 7 respectively . then I just didnt have courage to take test #9. I think its wastage of time to do test 6-9. Question dont seem too difficult when you take test but you will notice when you review test#8 that almost every single question has some trick to it.

A friend of mine took FL 6-9 and never broke 25.
He took AAMC 4 and 5 and scored 33 and 34. Scrap FL 6-9, please.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the advice!

yeah i took FL 6 and i did really bad also....im not planning to do the rest cuz i know i would do the same. im just going to to do all the AAMC stuff because those are the real stuff. i did better in FL #1 and #2.

kaplan tests 8 and 9 are pretty new. a friend of mine took test #8 and got a 21. When she went over it it turns out they had some grading mistakes in it. The answer would be A but in the explanation of the problem it says the right answer is C.

So I wouldnt trust the scores of those tests.

THESE GUYS ARE SO RIGHT; THAT'S PROBABLY WHY THEY PROCTOR TESTS 1-5 FOR YOU, COZ THEY ARE SOMEWHAT POSSIBLE. I tried FL6, and got a 6 on PS, and almost puked; now, I usually get 11's and 12's on the Kap PS.

I just took FL#6 and ended up with a 23, 8V, 7P, 8B. I thought bio and physics were reasonable but Physics was way too problem solving based. I am confident, and as I have heard from a number of people on SDN, that the PS on the real MCAT will not only be easier but will also be more conceptual. Bio and verbal might be in equivalent difficulty but the scales do not adjust for this( i hope). END RESULT: As UCLA2000 would say, do not use any practice test as a reflection of real scores. Just as a study tool to review your mistakes.

I have a question---when did these new kaplan tests come out? When I took kaplan last year they only had 5 full lengths.

And what kind of percentage are you getting on the tests? Since these tests are new, they don't have a well-established curve I'm guessing. Maybe their scale is off and you can go by percentage correct instead.

They just came out after the august mcats.

I'm only getting around 50-70% correct.