Kaplan Lecture Notes vs Kaplan DentEssentials

Started by WannaB2
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

WannaB2

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are they similar? Any pros and cons?

I searched and all I found was ads trying to sell them.

Thanks
 
Are they similar? Any pros and cons?

I searched and all I found was ads trying to sell them.

Thanks

i didnt like dentessential. seem like out line form and squezzed into the pages. The notes you can just easy read. if theres a barnes and nobles by your dental school they should have a copy of one of the two books so you can check there and see if its worth
buying
 
Kaplan lecture notes is a huge book, and in my opinion it's awesome to study when you need to strengthen your basics. If you graduated a while back or if you feel like you don't remember the anatomy you learned through dental school i would highly recommend this to you.

Dentessentials is a concise review but you need to have a solid background in order to understand it, since there's not sentences to read, just tables and diagrams. So i think this is not enough to study for the boards.