1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Kaplan MCAT 45 or a comparable book?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by stiffany, Aug 10, 2006.

1. stiffany

stiffany Hurry up and wait...
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hi guys. With a week and two days before the MCAT, I'm running out of practice material. I was just wondering if anyone has experience with Kaplan MCAT 45 or a comparable passage practice book and if so, if they'd recommend purchasing it for additional practice this late in the game.

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. redsoxfan

redsoxfan Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

i bought kaplan 45, not realizing that it's word for word exact passages from various Kaplan exams. for example, there about 4 passages taken directly from Kaplan exam #4. if u don't have access to kaplan explanations for exams or don't even have kaplan exams, then it is helpful. otherwise, i wouldn't bother..

4. solitude

solitude Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I used this book early in the summer and it demolished me. I think I was averaging 8's on the sections and I am now hitting 39's on full-lengths. It is not even close to reflective of actual MCAT questions. I would stay away from it, especially this late in the game.

5. League54

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    WASTE OF TIME!!! Did you do all of the 101/1001 EK books?