Kaplan MCAT 528?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medaholic Dr

Houston, we've a problem !
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Forum,
What are your opinions on Kaplan MCAT 528 book? Thanks !

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Forum,
What are your opinions on Kaplan MCAT 528 book? Thanks !
dude they already released a 2nd edition like wtf. they've barely just released the first edition!

anyways, it does seem to be a good book but i recommend you personally take a copy of the 2015 outline with you to a bookstore and check out and see if the book is actually worth it in the store before purchasing

I perused the version at my local bookstore and decided to grab the last copy, its a pretty decent book with a lot in it for only 45$.

Members don't see this ad :)
No idea if i purchased the 1st or 2nd edition at Barnes and Nobles...didn't even know there was a 2nd edition yet...will check when I get home, will be hella pissed if I ended up getting 1st lol. Book is solid, a little pricey imo (but I'm broke and cheap as hell at this point), seems to have good passages though.

book is worth it. you won't get much (any) content review out of this. but it's gold for learning strategy

book is worth it. you won't get much (any) content review out of this. but it's gold for learning strategy

I'm just not a huge fan of "mapping" that Kaplan loves to talk about so much..I feel it takes so much time, and after taking the actual test I know for a fact I don't have time to sit there and make an outline of the passage

Can you summarize what were your biggest takeaways from the book Hart?

I'm just not a huge fan of "mapping" that Kaplan loves to talk about so much..I feel it takes so much time, and after taking the actual test I know for a fact I don't have time to sit there and make an outline of the passage

Can you summarize what were your biggest takeaways from the book Hart?
I agree with you about mapping. Totally ignored the stuff that Kap seemed to tout. For me, mapping took too much time and it was easier and more efficient to make a mental map and highlight the rest.
Most important thing I learned from 528 was what should be going through my mind as I read the passage and as I look at answers. There are a ton of different ways to arrive at the right answer but some are more efficient than others. The 528 books was basically a ton of passages with a step by step explanation of how to tackle them. Chem/Phys was my weakness and I felt like I bumped 15-20% from just reading the book.

Sometimes I think I read to much into this, but my experience with the MCAT is this:
Lets face it you can't "know" everything, especially with the amount of reasoning on the test. With many questions, you'll get to a mental fork in the road. "Do you use this formula or that" "Would this activate or suppress" "Is this sympathetic or parasympathetic" - you get the point. I found that with Kap's 528 I had a more solid reasoning process to help me pick the right direction.

Reactions: 1 user