1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Kaplan >> MCAT > AAMC

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by Turtlez, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Turtlez

Turtlez ASA Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Is this true: Kaplan >> MCAT > AAMC ?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. PhaseShift11

Uh...maybe if you give some criteria on how you're basing that we could help.

I'm expecting you mean based on difficulty. In which case generally yes, although Kaplan's curve is quite generous.

4. paul411

paul411 ANES
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I don't think it's necessarily true that the real MCAT is harder than the AAMC practice tests (especially AAMC 10 and 11). It may seem harder because of test day nerves.

5. seminolepremed

Pre-Medical
    From my experience yesterday, the MCAT is definitely harder than practice tests. I had to void my exam.

6. KaplanKrackers

Pre-Medical
    I Disagree. I don't get nervous for tests and usually perform as well if not better. The real MCAT I took was without a doubt harder. Maybe some of the MCATs aren't, but I think those would be a small minority.

7. Grom

2+ Year Member

I agree, I thought my MCAT was about equal difficulty to the AAMCs. Also, people who practiced under strict, timed conditions often seem to match they practice averages on the real MCAT. Certainly some people do notably worse, but I would say it can be attributed to nerves/new test environment.