Kaplan Online Course.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Istarus

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it worth it?

I have TBR Physics and General Chemistry, along with all 4 EK books and the EK Verbal 101.

I went to the website planning to enroll, but saw the $1750 price tag.

I get paid next Tuesday, and will have enough money by then. So, is this program really worth it? Or is the EK series along with TBR Physics and Gen. Chem more than sufficient?

Members don't see this ad.

I took the actual course and had the online material and it was much much better than the ACTUAL lectures. The online stuff is really good and helps out. HOWEVER, I had no idea it was that expensive for just the online stuff!!! The online material is so immense that if I were you I would only buy it if you have an ample amount of time left till your test and not a short time period because there is just so much stuff you can get from the online material and squeezing it into a small time frame would not be worth it.

Despite having some good online practice material, I don't think it's worth the money. Your money would be better spent completing the BR book set, buying some practice tests, getting EK 1001 Bio, and heck, even throw in the TPR Hyperlearning workbooks. With all of that, you still wouldn't spend $1750 and you'd have more practice material.

I took the Kaplan online course. It is an immense amount of material, and that's part of why I'm glad I took it. I would have never spent such a huge amount of time taking ever last quiz and going through every last workshop if I weren't trying to meet the requirements for the Kaplan guarantee (which I believe says that you get free access to the course again if you don't improve or are not satisfied with your score.)

Kaplan seems not to get a lot of love around here, but personally I thought it was a great course and worth the money. I got a few hundred dollars off because they had a $100 off special and my school program had some sort of a deal with them. It's worth calling a Kaplan rep to sign up and asking if there are any specials or if your school has any sort of an arrangement.

I used Kaplan almost exclusively except for some EK books I went through right before the test once I was done with the Kaplan. I am still awaiting my score, but I think the course prepared me very well.