Kaplan Practice Test Question

fkajoshaj

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I registered to take a free on site Kaplan OAT practice test on 12/21/08. Does anyone know whether their test offered is generally easier or harder than the actual OAT test? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Well generally Kaplan tests and the study materials will be more difficult than your actual oat. The books and test are designed to get you thinking in depth about the concepts and details of questions. Just be careful. The actual OAT was more general than the kaplan which threw me a bit.

Defnitely harder. Harder b/c they want you to see you need "help" and entice you to take their class. And harder b/c all of their practice tests are more difficult.

I really benefited from the Kaplan material--- I am a non-trad, out of school for 2+ yrs. I did well on my first try and since I was used to the super-hard Kaplan questions/practice tests, once I sat down at the real OAT and started answering questions.... it was the BEST feeling thinking, "wow, this is really not that bad!" Got that feeling w/in 5 mins. What a relief.

so you guys are saying when I sit down for their practice test, I should expect low scores? I should not feel demoralized? lol

Members don't see this ad :)
lets put it this way...

i didn't bother "converting" my kaplan scores to oat scores but i ranged from like 50-70% on all the sections. on the oat i scored 70-95% on the sections.

practice with the kaplan, take the kaplan test. before you go in take the test posted on the opted site. thats about as much as you can prepare.

I scored a TS of 310 and AA of 320 on the Kaplan OAT Practice test. I scored a TS of 400 and AA of 380 on the OAT four days later.

I just finished with the Kaplan online class. All the practice tests are hard Get used to it and then the oat will be a breeze. On my actual OAT, after my first 4-5 physics questions, I had to sit back and say..." are you kidding me?". That's the type of situation you want to be in. Fortuantely, you have the time to get a free practice test in. Have fun.:luck: