Practice Tests (Kaplan vs. Princeton vs. Destroyer)

sunnyymi

Reaction score
Hello,
I am taking my OAT 7/25 and I was wondering what people thought about the Kaplan and Princeton Practice Tests? I bought both since I knew the best kind of studying were practice tests and questions. Kaplan is definitely humbling and I score from 250-320 on their tests. I also use a DAT Destroyer and it is even more humbling and I don't know if I am wasting my time or should be going above and beyond to learn the material.
I haven't taken my Princeton tests yet, but does anyone know how close any of these tests are to the real OAT themself? Also what scores should I be getting on these tests if I want to score around 350?

Any advice I can get would be super helpful!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I’ve read multiple times on the forum that Kaplan is harder than the actual OAT so your current scores on there aren’t too alarming. I’ve also read that the ADA test is more similar to the OAT.

Reactions: 1 user
I’ve read multiple times on the forum that Kaplan is harder than the actual OAT so your current scores on there aren’t too alarming. I’ve also read that the ADA test is more similar to the OAT.
The Kaplan is definitely harder than the OAT.

I thought the actual OAT was a bit harder than the ADA, but scores are usually kind of equivalent (I did slightly worse on my real one though. Physics -_-).

The Kaplan is definitely harder than the OAT.

I thought the actual OAT was a bit harder than the ADA, but scores are usually kind of equivalent (I did slightly worse on my real one though. Physics -_-).
I’ll be taking my exam in August, how drastic was the difference in your scores between the Kaplan practice test and official OAT

Members don't see this ad :)
I’ll be taking my exam in August, how drastic was the difference in your scores between the Kaplan practice test and official OAT
It has been awhile, but it was a decent split. I just found Kaplan harder overall, which is probably the point so you’ll keep buying their goods.

I liked DAT Bootcamp, if you have some time. That was the place where I mainly invested my time.

Reactions: 1 users
Kaplan is definitely harder than the OAT. Some of my scores had scared me on Kaplan full lengths haha. I then took the ADA practice 2006 exam and scored much higher, and that was definitely representative of my OAT! I think my OAT was a bit tougher in some sections though but I'll let you know my scores.

final Kaplan practice exam: 340 bio/300 GC/270 orgo/270 physics/390 reading/320 quant ---AA 320 TS 290
next day - ADA 2006 exam: 330 bio/320 GC/330 orgo/300 physics/400 reading/370 quant --- AA 340 TS 320
two days later - actual OAT: 360 bio/310 GC/330 orgo/300 physics/400 reading/380 quant --- AA 350 TS 330

good luck with everything<3

Reactions: 2 users