Kaplan Q-bank (step 1)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NIQ

anti christ medicine man
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, new on this forum; just registered today :)

I'm going to sit the USMLE in mid/late August and just finished my major Path/Micro cummulative exams last week so I'm looking into preparting for step 1 now.

I've lurked for a while now and have read about how fantastic Q-bank is and one of my close friends recommended it as well. My friend told me that he knew Q bank as a live course where you signed up and went to a test location and were able to use the questions only in the building.

And by reading this forum it seems Q bank is online as well? Is there any advantage to one or the other?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

NIQ said:
Hi everyone, new on this forum; just registered today :)

I'm going to sit the USMLE in mid/late August and just finished my major Path/Micro cummulative exams last week so I'm looking into preparting for step 1 now.

I've lurked for a while now and have read about how fantastic Q-bank is and one of my close friends recommended it as well. My friend told me that he knew Q bank as a live course where you signed up and went to a test location and were able to use the questions only in the building.

And by reading this forum it seems Q bank is online as well? Is there any advantage to one or the other?

Thanks in advance.

Hmm.... I didn't even know there was a qbank that you used only in the Kaplan center. I use the one online, and it is probably a lot more convenient then having to go somewhere to do questions. There are tons of questions to do on qbank, for every subject area. I think its definitely worthwhile.

i loved qbank. it was a needed break from straight studying for me, and i felt like it prepared me well. i would pretty much recommend it to anyone.

I would think that this has been posted before, but is there a correlation between Q Bank scores and Step 1 scores. What would be a good indicator score that someone is ready and also what have been scores that people have received in comparison to both tests.

Members don't see this ad :)
No Fear said:
I would think that this has been posted before, but is there a correlation between Q Bank scores and Step 1 scores. What would be a good indicator score that someone is ready and also what have been scores that people have received in comparison to both tests.

That is a good question, I would like an answer to this also. Although, some people don't post this in the thread about Step 1 experiences. Did you check that one out?