kaplan qbank or sign up for UW again?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bevo

Radiology, R1
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got prob another month or so until my step 2 ck exam.

I've done most of UW already, ~700 questions left with 2 days left on my current subscription.

While it is cheaper to just extend it for a month, I think I'd rather start from scratch and do everything randomized in timed blocks and see how I do that way.
I was considering doing the kaplan qbank since all the questions will be new for me.

thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I finished UW, and started doing the questions over again in random 46 blocks, but I thought it was a waste of time since I was recognizing a lot of the questions.
So, I didn't really feel like I was learning much & the score seems inflated.

Bevo said:
I got prob another month or so until my step 2 ck exam.

I've done most of UW already, ~700 questions left with 2 days left on my current subscription.

While it is cheaper to just extend it for a month, I think I'd rather start from scratch and do everything randomized in timed blocks and see how I do that way.
I was considering doing the kaplan qbank since all the questions will be new for me.

thoughts?

You still have 1300+ questions to finish on USMLEworld. I did QBank too and felt it was unnecessary. USMLEworld is much more representative. QBook would be a cheaper and better compromise, and you can learn a lot from it. Some of my friends said the questions were exactly the same to Bank, but I didn't notice it.

46&2 said:
You still have 1300+ questions to finish on USMLEworld. I did QBank too and felt it was unnecessary. USMLEworld is much more representative. QBook would be a cheaper and better compromise, and you can learn a lot from it. Some of my friends said the questions were exactly the same to Bank, but I didn't notice it.

No, I have like 600 left now. I've done like 90% of qbook. I've done the first 6 tests in NMS (avg 15 wrong per 50Q block, good? bad?)

anyways, I've decided to go and sign up for qbank. I won't have the issue of having problems I haven't seen before.

thanks

Kaplan Qbanks explanations take a long time to get through, there are discrepancies between the answers marked right in the choice area and the explanation area, which makes the percentage somewhat useless. I thought it was good for Step I, but for Step II I think it's a waste of money. I just started UW and am happier with it so far, seems like time better spent. I'll have more of an opinion later on, but right now I wish I had my money from Kaplan...