1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

kaplan qbank or sign up for UW again?

Discussion in 'Step II' started by Bevo, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Bevo

Bevo Radiology, R1
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I got prob another month or so until my step 2 ck exam.

I've done most of UW already, ~700 questions left with 2 days left on my current subscription.

While it is cheaper to just extend it for a month, I think I'd rather start from scratch and do everything randomized in timed blocks and see how I do that way.
    I was considering doing the kaplan qbank since all the questions will be new for me.

thoughts?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Jimmy1

Jimmy1 Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I finished UW, and started doing the questions over again in random 46 blocks, but I thought it was a waste of time since I was recognizing a lot of the questions.
    So, I didn't really feel like I was learning much & the score seems inflated.

4. 46&2

46&2 Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    You still have 1300+ questions to finish on USMLEworld. I did QBank too and felt it was unnecessary. USMLEworld is much more representative. QBook would be a cheaper and better compromise, and you can learn a lot from it. Some of my friends said the questions were exactly the same to Bank, but I didn't notice it.

5. Bevo

Bevo Radiology, R1
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    No, I have like 600 left now. I've done like 90% of qbook. I've done the first 6 tests in NMS (avg 15 wrong per 50Q block, good? bad?)

anyways, I've decided to go and sign up for qbank. I won't have the issue of having problems I haven't seen before.

thanks

6. Lebesgue

Lebesgue Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Kaplan Qbanks explanations take a long time to get through, there are discrepancies between the answers marked right in the choice area and the explanation area, which makes the percentage somewhat useless. I thought it was good for Step I, but for Step II I think it's a waste of money. I just started UW and am happier with it so far, seems like time better spent. I'll have more of an opinion later on, but right now I wish I had my money from Kaplan...