Step I Kaplan Qbank

Started by Rock Star
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Rock Star

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

Can anyone comment on kaplan's q-bank. Are the questions far superior and similar to the real thing as proclaimed. I'd like some input before paying $199.00/3 mos.

Thank you
 
•••quote:•••Originally posted by Rock Star:
•Hello,

Can anyone comment on kaplan's q-bank. Are the questions far superior and similar to the real thing as proclaimed. I'd like some input before paying $199.00/3 mos.

Thank you•••••I used Kaplan Q-Bank for Step I. Best $79 I ever spent. Having never taken an exam on a computer (though I was VERY comfortable with computers), I thought it was a great way to practice computer exams. The questions were very close to the level of the real Step I, and I learned quite a bit by using the Q-Bank. Since it was online, I could do it from anywhere at anytime. I used it only for a month and never got through the entire question bank. But, I nailed the USMLE, so I don't really give a hoot! 😎

Drawbacks that I hope they've corrected in the past two years: Java/Javascript errors that pop up every now and then, occassional crashes, fixed screen resolution (fine on the computers at school which were 800x600, but terrible on mine which was 1600x1200; I had to shove my face into my monitor or change resolutions).