kaplan qbank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aimsz88

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I wondered if anybody has been using or had any experience with the Kaplan Qbank.

I'm finding the practice passages really useful...but as to how close the material is to the real thing, I'm not sure.

Anybody with experience and advice? I'm just a bit worried because I'm finding the questions quite difficult and I've only a month to go before I take the test.

Amy

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there, I used the Qbank as a part of my prep along with AAMC tests. I thought the Qbank was good for... foundation building, the explanations were helpful (and it provided tips that the AAMC explanations don't).

But QBank doesn't have the search function; no highlighting, no crossout, no notes. none. So, no. The Qbank does is not analogous to the real thing. I liked using Qbank, but for "real practice" I referred to AAMC tests.

Hey there-- I got the KAPLAN q bank before I discovered EK's 1001 series, which is a million times more helpful---Here's what I found:

KAPLAN: questions and passages WAYYYYY too hard, and therefore less helpful than you'd think.
MCAT-PREP practice test: expensive and not worth it-- good topics covered, but definitely not in the spirit of the real test
EK 1001: definitely the way to go-- you can pick and choose what topics you need to focus on--- the bio and verbal are particularly helpful.
EK audio osmosis: amazing to put on an ipod or listen to in the car after you've gone through and studied everything once from a review book
e-mcat: These are the real questions-- so they're the best way to go, but save them for toward the end...

i think qbank is a good resource.... considering what we've been hearing about these past April exams ("the tests were nothing like the AAMC practices!"). never hurts to be prepared

Members don't see this ad :)
merlinwall,

does the EK 1001 come in online form? i have the books, but i'll have to be honest and say i can't get through more than a few dozen questions a day before i get really sick of it.

endofevangelion,

are you serious? the tests were nothing like the aamc practice questions? now i'm starting to freak out. heeelllppp!!!

merlinwall,

does the EK 1001 come in online form? i have the books, but i'll have to be honest and say i can't get through more than a few dozen questions a day before i get really sick of it.

endofevangelion,

are you serious? the tests were nothing like the aamc practice questions? now i'm starting to freak out. heeelllppp!!!

Online-- dunno...

for me books were better; practicing AAMC cbts was plenty of time on the computer (buy them all 4-10... best way to spend your money)

Each time you think about stopping at 12-- go for a Bakers Dozen! Are you getting them right-- the questions are meant to be provoking so when you're done, you're ready for AAMC questions on the subject. I was so confident when there was a microscope passage on testday-- I had done all the EK optics Q's and, so that passage was a breeze....

I wouldn't say the Q-bank is difficult just nothing like the real AAMC exams