Kaplan’s Organ-Based Review Books – USMLE step 1 Home Study Program??????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EdmontonOilers

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

Just recently I was browsing First Aid and I noticed it mentions “Kaplan’s Organ-Based Review Books – USMLE step 1 Home Study Program” under the recommended review sources section. It got a good rating. I checked it out on Kaplan’s website and I am questioning if maybe this package would be better than studying from separate popular review books (ie. BRS, Lipincott, HY, Rad map). It only shows the cover of the Organ-Based Review books on the website so Im not sure what they are like. I would be doing questions like Q-bank and other popular question ressources either way. I would also be using First Aid either way.
- Anyone heard of this package or used this package?
- Any comments about it?
- Do you think the Organ-Based Review Books are better than using separate review books?

Also, I hear a lot about people are using Kaplan notes for particular subjects but I called Kaplan and they said they don’t offer these notes to students not taking their review courses. Apparently the Home Study Program is the only product they offer to people not taking their review courses (besides Qbank and stuff of course). How are people getting these notes? Are they bootlegged? Are they better than the Organ-based review books in the home study program?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, how are you? The organ based books are not that good in my opinion. However, the Kaplan review books are really good. They break down every subject so you have 7 different textbooks. You also have a Q-Book with 350 questions and answers. When you called Kaplan they are right. They don't sell these books directly. You have to either sign up for center prep for $3000 or sign up for a live lecture which is even more. You are not suppose to get the books unless you do one of these two options. Or, you could buy the books from someone like me who just took the live lecture course so you can have the complete set for yourself. I have the entire set which is 2004-2005 edition and is in good shape. You can also go to ebay and buy these books but you have to be very careful because Kaplan visits that site frequently and suspends the buyers and sellers. Anyway, if you are interested email me at [email protected] We can work something out. I hope this helps. The books helped me I got a 99% on step 1.

EdmontonOilers said:
Hey guys

Just recently I was browsing First Aid and I noticed it mentions “Kaplan’s Organ-Based Review Books – USMLE step 1 Home Study Program” under the recommended review sources section. It got a good rating. I checked it out on Kaplan’s website and I am questioning if maybe this package would be better than studying from separate popular review books (ie. BRS, Lipincott, HY, Rad map). It only shows the cover of the Organ-Based Review books on the website so Im not sure what they are like. I would be doing questions like Q-bank and other popular question ressources either way. I would also be using First Aid either way.
- Any comments about it?
- Do you think the Organ-Based Review Books are better than using separate review books?

Also, I hear a lot about people are using Kaplan notes for particular subjects but I called Kaplan and they said they don’t offer these notes to students not taking their review courses. Apparently the Home Study Program is the only product they offer to people not taking their review courses (besides Qbank and stuff of course). How are people getting these notes? Are they bootlegged? Are they better than the Organ-based review books in the home study program?

Thanks

EdmontonOilers said:
Hey guys

- Any comments about it?

Thanks

I agree with the second poster. Dont waste your money on the organ system home review. In addition to ebay checkout www.usmlestep.com
good luck

I agree cherrypie. However, usmlestep.com only offers copies of the books spiral bound with plastic cover. I am offering the original books which are quthentic and in great shape for only $325 which is $25 more dollars then usmlestep. I will also ship the next day. Let me know if anyone is interested in this set. Email me at [email protected]
Thanks

cherrypie said:
I agree with the second poster. Dont waste your money on the organ system home review. In addition to ebay checkout www.usmlestep.com
good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
cmansfield11 said:
I agree cherrypie. However, usmlestep.com only offers copies of the books spiral bound with plastic cover. I am offering the original books which are quthentic and in great shape for only $325 which is $25 more dollars then usmlestep. I will also ship the next day. Let me know if anyone is interested in this set. Email me at [email protected]
Thanks

Its true the books are okay. Your offer sounds great, but the best part about the website is the videos not the books.

cmansfield11 said:
Thanks

Do you have any books for step 2?

EdmontonOilers said:
Hey guys

- Any comments about it?

Thanks

PM me if you'd like to hear more about the Organ-Based--Home Study Review Books.