BOTH Kaplan Step 2CK high yield videos worth it or outdated still?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

microshar88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone has purchased these videos for Step 2 review? Have you found them useful at all?

I was reading old reviews and they say that it was pretty outdated. I don't mind shelling out $500 for 3 months it beats DIT, IMO. But I want to know how much utility to expect? I'm pumping through uworld as I do my NBME shelf exams for rotations but I'm not sure if I'm getting an overall big picture across all specialties with the exams. i'm scoring in the 65-70ish percentile in my exams (raw score) so I figure this would give me the overall boost I need before I take level 2?

For reference, here is the link:

http://www.kaptest.com/Medical-Licensing/Step2ck/s2ck-high-yield.html

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I am one person who used it for 3 months, there are some updated videos for Medicine, not the whole topics. The rest is the same ie. 2010. whats more surprising is that the psychiatry is the most outdated, as you know DSM - V has a lot of changes, basically the names of diseases as a whole are different. When I was joining the course I was informed that the OBG and paediatrics will be updated by winter 2013 - but even after spring 2014, no updates where there.

Being against piracy, I didn't want to use the pirated videos. I do respect the intellectual rights of any unknown person. But when I am misinformed with such wrong information by people like this - I wonder whether their rights have to be considered ? It was with much difficulty that I shelled out the dollars for the course. In my part of the world, the amount is 10 months' salary of a middle class worker.

My opinions are highly regarded among my juniors and the community where I live, and being often sought for advice - I don't know what to tell them, because I felt like I have been cheated by Kaplan. I even referred my friends for the course before I myself joined and some of them have even joined - they will now have realized things by now. Just imagine that if a person like me, who is against piracy is having experiences like this - How can Piracy be stopped ???

I am sorry to say that I am so much disheartened with Kaplan

Members don't see this ad :)
I am one person who used it for 3 months, there are some updated videos for Medicine, not the whole topics. The rest is the same ie. 2010. whats more surprising is that the psychiatry is the most outdated, as you know DSM - V has a lot of changes, basically the names of diseases as a whole are different. When I was joining the course I was informed that the OBG and paediatrics will be updated by winter 2013 - but even after spring 2014, no updates where there.

Being against piracy, I didn't want to use the pirated videos. I do respect the intellectual rights of any unknown person. But when I am misinformed with such wrong information by people like this - I wonder whether their rights have to be considered ? It was with much difficulty that I shelled out the dollars for the course. In my part of the world, the amount is 10 months' salary of a middle class worker.

My opinions are highly regarded among my juniors and the community where I live, and being often sought for advice - I don't know what to tell them, because I felt like I have been cheated by Kaplan. I even referred my friends for the course before I myself joined and some of them have even joined - they will now have realized things by now. Just imagine that if a person like me, who is against piracy is having experiences like this - How can Piracy be stopped ???

I am sorry to say that I am so much disheartened with Kaplan

I was referring to the comprehensive Online Prep

Secondary medical education market are medical school wannabes. The wannabe taking your money. THATS IT!

On the staff of EVERY REVIEW PROGRAM is at least one guy who either never passed Step 1, was fired from their residency, or has a degree from TORNADO BAIT UNIVERSITY.

This is the person (whoever it may be that you are in contact with at your "review program") that gets off on telling you how YOU REALLY NEED THEIR PROGRAM.

EVER WONDER WHY THE REVIEW COURSE EMAILS GO OUT ON WEDNESDAYS???

Yes. I enjoy the rant.

PS: review courses are expensive because they know people are going to steal their "copyrighted materials". OKAY! So sign up for all these courses people so the cheap people can get their "stolen review video on" all over the world!

Secondary medical education market are medical school wannabes. The wannabe taking your money. THATS IT!

On the staff of EVERY REVIEW PROGRAM is at least one guy who either never passed Step 1, was fired from their residency, or has a degree from TORNADO BAIT UNIVERSITY.

This is the person (whoever it may be that you are in contact with at your "review program") that gets off on telling you how YOU REALLY NEED THEIR PROGRAM.

EVER WONDER WHY THE REVIEW COURSE EMAILS GO OUT ON WEDNESDAYS???

Yes. I enjoy the rant.

PS: review courses are expensive because they know people are going to steal their "copyrighted materials". OKAY! So sign up for all these courses people so the cheap people can get their "stolen review video on" all over the world!
Can you make it more clear. I am not getting your point. Please...