kaplan step 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tastebuds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are the kaplan step 3 videos helpful for Step 3? Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I do not think so.

Kaplan stuff is worthless for step 3, Premier Review is light years better (in itself maybe not enough to pass) you should supplement it with you're step 2 materials-- and use USMLE World. That is the best combination.
Kaplan is pretty decent for step I and step II.

Kaplan stuff is worthless for step 3, Premier Review is light years better (in itself maybe not enough to pass) you should supplement it with you're step 2 materials-- and use USMLE World. That is the best combination.
Kaplan is pretty decent for step I and step II.

Agreed! Premier seems to be the best thing out there right now for step 3 review. Also, Kaplan step 2 ck books are a great way to start from scratch if you really want to get the most out of Premier notes. But, in itself Premier should be sufficient to pass the Step 3 as long as you don't "beef" the CS portion of the exam. In addition I believe that UW and USMLE Consult is the way to go in terms of preparing for Step 3 CS. For live support I have heard Archer review is the most under rated but most superior course out there for CS. But thats only hear-say. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed! Premier seems to be the best thing out there right now for step 3 review. Also, Kaplan step 2 ck books are a great way to start from scratch if you really want to get the most out of Premier notes. But, in itself Premier should be sufficient to pass the Step 3 as long as you don't "beef" the CS portion of the exam. In addition I believe that UW and USMLE Consult is the way to go in terms of preparing for Step 3 CS. For live support I have heard Archer review is the most under rated but most superior course out there for CS. But thats only hear-say. :)

Where could I get Premier notes???? Do I have to take a class to get them?

U can get the premiere review course from the premiere review website.U do not need to attend their classes to get the material.
Good Luck.

Hey Tastebuds,

It is very rare to see anyone selling there previous Premier Review notes due to the fact that it is a copy right infringement, meaning fine or jail or both....(phew), with that said, the best way to get this basket of golden delicious meal of knowledge (smile) is by going to the official website. It is better to purchase them legitimately anyways because they constantly update the notes every 3 to 4 months which includes any corrections or helpful add-ons from the previous edition. The notes are kind of pricey, but if you are looking for the most high yields of high yields for Step 3 than I think its will worth the money. Relatively speaking there more affordable than Kaplan anyways. (I do not work for Premier, I just know whats good). Anyways I hope this helps you. GOOD LUCK fellow scholar!!! :luck: :corny:

hi firstmandown, all I knew was Archer usmle review was selling their step 3 video lectures as DVDs. how to enroll for the live support? thanks for help in advance.

hi firstmandown, all I knew was Archer usmle review was selling their step 3 video lectures as DVDs. how to enroll for the live support? thanks for help in advance.

I would google "Archer Live Review" and click to the relavent link. This should be easy enough. Hope this helps.