Kaplan Step2 CK Qbank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sanhin2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hy guys

i know a lot of people don't attempt kaplan Qbank for CK. But i started it and its HARD !.. anyway i am scoring 60% on it and i have completed 50% of the qbank. what has your experience been like fellow kaplan qbankers? is 60% good? or bad? i cant really tell. I will do UW after kaplan Qbank.

thanks !
all your input is appreciated !

Members don't see this ad.

hy guys

i know a lot of people don't attempt kaplan Qbank for CK. But i started it and its HARD !.. anyway i am scoring 60% on it and i have completed 50% of the qbank. what has your experience been like fellow kaplan qbankers? is 60% good? or bad? i cant really tell. I will do UW after kaplan Qbank.

thanks !
all your input is appreciated !

Ive figured Kaplan out, and it makes a lot of sense. The way you get students doing well is to have them read, learn, and dominate topics BEFORE the test. Kaplan's unwritten philospophy is to get you using all their resources, rather than passing over information.

Think about what you do when you get a question RIGHT. Do you read all the other answer choices? Do you go back to the notes and look it up? Do you go over the ReKap or look at the reference to First Aid? Bull shit you do. You move on, saying "yay! i got it right" All that ReKap, Explanations, references, all of that goes underutilized.

Now, what happens when you get a question WRONG? Oh you know you read that question again, get all the little details about it, read it, write it, watch it, etc.

The idea is that Kaplan's questions are more nit picky, they are more detailed, and are, frankly, harder. If you do well on a Kaplan Qbank you have teased out lots of the little detials. If you do poorly, you will have learned lots of little details. In the end, the result is the same; you know the details that is going to get you augmented (i.e. scoring higher than average).

if you look at competitors, like Uworld, the interface is superior, more like the real test... the questions are "easier" (i.e. less detailed oriented), more like the real test. Uworld takes teh approach of preparing you for what you'll actually see.

Personally, the best strategy is to study with Kaplan, practice with Uworld, though that gap is getting tighter and tighter as the two companies advance.

Thank you for this thread I was having a ****ing conniption fit going through this q bank